Re: To what extent do assessment marks, rather than ranks, affect the ATAR? (1 Viewer)

stuka

HSC
Sorry, i bet this has been asked around 12000 billion times, but theres around 500 pages of threads... Ok so basically, i do 4 unit maths and im ranked 4th out of 13, 55 percent of the course done, assuming i keep going like this but, since we have 2 geniuses in my class who constantly get 95 ish in assessments whereas the rest of us get 75 ish, how will them being far in front affect me in the end? or won't it?​

purebladeknight

HSC
of course it will affect you, everyone doing the test has a stake in what you get at the end. in your case they can dramitically affect your aligned assessment mark, in a negative way-ish or a positive way, in saying this i mean in the worst case you won't get scaled up dramatically as you could've been. but it really depends on how your class does overall in the external hsc exam.
i suggest you do the research if it bothers you so, my advice is keep it simple and aim for the best you can do and let nothing else matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)