Real Estate Investment (1 Viewer)

Jinks

HSC
I know most people on here are still in high school/university but I was just after someone with some experience in investing in real estate. Just wondering what sort of indicators you are looking for before making a purchase such as gross rental yields and capital gains (how much is considered "good"?- not sure if this is a really stupid question) as well as anything else which is worth considering. Completely new to this so any information would be great, thanks!

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
I may not be the best to give advice but from experience (parents own couple of properties).

I would suggest you buy into apartments close by to public transport. You should be looking at apartments and houses close by to see how much rent they charge and work out according to your loan if you will be making any capital gain. An investment my parents bought has doubled in value in under 10 yeras and we make around 6-7k on top.

Just my 2 cents. I hope to start investing in real estate young :D

Jinks

HSC
I may not be the best to give advice but from experience (parents own couple of properties).

I would suggest you buy into apartments close by to public transport. You should be looking at apartments and houses close by to see how much rent they charge and work out according to your loan if you will be making any capital gain. An investment my parents bought has doubled in value in under 10 yeras and we make around 6-7k on top.

Just my 2 cents. I hope to start investing in real estate young :D

That's my aim as well, thanks :)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
There are various indicators apart from the general ones like rental yield such as:
-population growth
-infrastructure development from both public and private sectors
-the zoning of the local area and if any changes are being made to this
-% of owner occupiers/renters

These can give an indication of potential future capital growth. Look at historical data, but don't solely use it to determine your purchase.

Check this site out, it has been really great in the learning process for me http://www.propertyinvesting.com/

Jinks

HSC
There are various indicators apart from the general ones like rental yield such as:
-population growth
-infrastructure development from both public and private sectors
-the zoning of the local area and if any changes are being made to this
-% of owner occupiers/renters

These can give an indication of potential future capital growth. Look at historical data, but don't solely use it to determine your purchase.

Check this site out, it has been really great in the learning process for me http://www.propertyinvesting.com/
Thanks, exactly what I was after!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)