Real Estate Studies at UNSW in commerce degree (1 Viewer)

jeann2014

HSC
I'm reading about the new major offered. Seems interesting and a good blend of finance and economics. I don't know if I would go into it professionally but I do like investment etc, would it be a good major to pick?
Thanks

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
why the fak would you get a degree to sell property? just get the licence and and a realtor job

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I'm interested in doing this major as well.

It's a mix of finance, economics, law and built environment subjects so it looks like a good variety. If you want to get into property specifically, most people would recommend the property economics degree from UTS but i found this too niche (the flexibility of comm is great). If you wanted to learn about property investment i wouldn't recommend spending thousands to do so, you can easily self teach this knowledge via free sources such as http://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/ or youtube like i have done.

why the fak would you get a degree to sell property? just get the licence and and a realtor job
Completely off the mark dude, this has nothing to do with being an agent. The major is more corporate levels of properly and generally you'll be dealing with the commercial sector. Ultimately you'd move into a REIT/development firm or some sort of fund manager if you're good enough.

There isn't much information on the major currently as it is only new so i don't think you'll find much on here.

Last edited:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm interested in doing this major as well.

It's a mix of finance, economics, law and built environment subjects so it looks like a good variety. If you want to get into property specifically, most people would recommend the property economics degree from UTS but i found this too niche (the flexibility of comm is great). If you wanted to learn about property investment i wouldn't recommend spending thousands to do so, you can easily self teach this knowledge via free sources such as http://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/ or youtube like i have done.

Completely off the mark due, this has nothing to do with being an agent. The major is focused on the analyst side of properly, ultimately you'd move into REIT/development firm or some sort of fund manager if you're good enough.
o_O awkward. I thought OP just wanted one of those dead-end jobs

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
o_O awkward. I thought OP just wanted one of those dead-end jobs
I wouldn't say its dead end, the good agents pull in 1 mill + but like all industries the top people will always earn big cash whilst the rest pick up the scraps :lol:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't say its dead end, the good agents pull in 1 mill + but like all industries the top people will always earn big cash whilst the rest pick up the scraps :lol:
yeah the latter is what i meant like the ones that just sell suburban houses their whole career.

Good luck OP and Drifting :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)