• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Real talk cause I'm feeling pretty isolated RN (2 Viewers)

How is everyone feeling mentally?

• I'm okay! Holding up pretty well :)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Meh.. I could be better but otherwise I'll be okay.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • The stress is really getting to me, I can't wait for the exams to end.

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • I'm feeling really down, I may have diagnosable mental health problems and the HSC is not helping.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Clinically Depressed/Anxious, I may need to seek therapy to help, life is getting difficult.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Feeling suicidal/and or intent to harm myself.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Immediate danger to myself.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • OTHER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lozmet

HSC
How many of you are feeling the mental health strain from the HSC? It feels like my depression is severely limiting my ability to work and study before the exams actually come around. I feel so inadequate when seeing all the people who seem to effortlessly push themselves into studying+ hours a day.

I'll be lucky to get above 75 ATAR, which is fine for the courses I want, but I still feel like a disappointment.

I hope everyone is able to push through this time so we can all celebrate post HSC, and finally kick high school into the past :awesome:

HSC
How many of you are feeling the mental health strain from the HSC? It feels like my depression is severely limiting my ability to work and study before the exams actually come around. I feel so inadequate when seeing all the people who seem to effortlessly push themselves into studying+ hours a day.

I'll be lucky to get above 75 ATAR, which is fine for the courses I want, but I still feel like a disappointment.

I hope everyone is able to push through this time so we can all celebrate post HSC, and finally kick high school into the past :awesome:
I have several mental health conditions and it is certainly a struggle tbh. Nonetheless im very academically driven so im aiming very high, which i think I’m capable of. The stress and workload is there, but in all honesty it’s not as bad as I anticipated.

And yeah I relate to that hard, seeing how much people study in one day and I’m lucky to get a few hours worth of good revision and practice. Easier said than done, but try not to compare yourself too hard to what others are doing — use it as a wake up call and slight performance booster, but don’t let it pull you down. Everyone works at their own rate, and it could be that you’re studying more efficiently than them which trumps quantity

anyway yeah feeling okay, I just want these exams to be over to finally have a massive weight lifted off my shoulders. one day at a time!!! :headbang:

fijifrotter

Banned
HSC

how much are you studying per day fr tho? id genuinely give myself 30 mins a day im havin a proper holidays

twinkiecat

HSC
how are you meant to sit down and study for english i dontunderstand

spiderfan44

HSC
how are you meant to sit down and study for english i dontunderstand
if ur studying for the upcoming exams: refining ur essays, practising making thesis statements and introductions for various questions, doing past english papers under timed conditions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)