Realistically can I get 99.6? (1 Viewer)

lolitaaa

HSC
Hi Guys after estimating my own atar, I have come to the conclusion that I am looking at around 97 with English really pulling me down as I performed badly in trials. With 3 months until hsc, do you think it is possible if I pump out past papers everyday and revise my notes + manage time effectively to get 99.6?? That was my original goal to help me get into medicine but some trials marks have pulled me down. Much thanks

lolitaaa

HSC
school rank is 200 approximately. Please don't judge, my cohort is good this year

meggles_

HSC
Anything's possible! (provided that you work hard)
Best of luck :)

lolitaaa

HSC
How bad are you in English? Only getting 90s?
This is a very ironic scenario because I didn't lose a single mark in English,(except for the creative in half yearlies). Then trials happened, and I don't know...since English was first I think I just bombed out. The content just slipped out of my brain when I was doing the exam. I have slight anxiety and I got really sweaty. So in trials I got around 30 to 60% in the English papers :( I am hoping to pick up my marks in externals though. I've requested to get special provision in a separate room for hsc so hopefully.

photastic

HSC
This is a very ironic scenario because I didn't lose a single mark in English,(except for the creative in half yearlies). Then trials happened, and I don't know...since English was first I think I just bombed out. The content just slipped out of my brain when I was doing the exam. I have slight anxiety and I got really sweaty. So in trials I got around 30 to 60% in the English papers :( I am hoping to pick up my marks in externals though. I've requested to get special provision in a separate room for hsc so hopefully.
Well, hope that the marks you feasted before the trials carries your rank. Smash the external to get really high exam mark and make sure your cohort smashes it as well so that you get a high assessment mark which totals up to the hsc mark. Did you have to ask BOS for special provisions?

lolitaaa

HSC
Well, hope that the marks you feasted before the trials carries your rank. Smash the external to get really high exam mark and make sure your cohort smashes it as well so that you get a high assessment mark which totals up to the hsc mark. Did you have to ask BOS for special provisions?
Thanks. What sounds like a high exam mark? 90? I asked my year co-ordinator about it.

iStudent

HSC
You would need to be dux or close to dux if you want 99.6...

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
Hi Guys after estimating my own atar, I have come to the conclusion that I am looking at around 97 with English really pulling me down as I performed badly in trials. With 3 months until hsc, do you think it is possible if I pump out past papers everyday and revise my notes + manage time effectively to get 99.6?? That was my original goal to help me get into medicine but some trials marks have pulled me down. Much thanks
It'll be very very hard considering you said youre going to get around 97

What subjects and what ranks?
You should post those up.

Besides for Med 1st round is by school estimate. you know that right?
So unless you killed the UMAT you're going to have a hard time getting an interview without a 99+ estimate

lolitaaa

HSC
It'll be very very hard considering you said youre going to get around 97

What subjects and what ranks?
You should post those up.

Besides for Med 1st round is by school estimate. you know that right?
So unless you killed the UMAT you're going to have a hard time getting an interview without a 99+ estimate
Advanced English 7/40 after trials, before trials I was first
MX2 - 4/7
MX1 - 4/19
Chem - 5/34
Eco - 3/23
Physics 3/25

School rank 200

Is it so hard to go from 97 to 99? I'm willing to put in the effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)