Really confused about enrollment (1 Viewer)

Fightin Streets

HSC
So I was accepted into the Commerce (Liberal Studies) Course at UNSW. I timetabled the courses listed in the program description as "core courses", but have done nothing in relation to choosing majors or selecting from the list of "flexible core courses".

So far my degree has nothing to do with the liberal aspect of its name, and navigaing around the UNSW website, I am having no luck in finding where I went wrong.

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Most first year progrmas have common courses amongst all majors.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Most first year progrmas have common courses amongst all majors.
This.

At most, you should only be doing at most 2 electives counted towards your majors in 1st year.

It's after 1st year that things start to get interesting.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Wow don't people like read the course they sign up for -_-

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Newbies are just finding it hard to get used to the idea that they can pick and choose what they'll be doing each semester.

~::UAI::~

Life is Wonderful
HSC
haha, and to think we were like that once too ^^ long long time ago ~~ time fly so fast

Fightin Streets

HSC
Its not that I havent read up, I just dont understand when I am supposed to enrol for core, flexible core and major related courses. Still dont actually.

InterNut

HSC
Yeh, so I just read over the handbook, again, and searched for further info, but where does it actually specify the courses we should be enrolling in for the first semester? Or do we assume them to be the "core courses"? If you can help me here, THANK YOU times a million, but if not, then maybe target your condescension to where it's actually deserved.

yummy-cookies

HSC
You enrol for the four core courses for all commerce degrees, despite you doing liberal.
Says so here:
New students | Enrolment information | Academic information | Current students | Australian School of Business | UNSW

"For Bachelor of Commerce* (including International & Liberal Studies students):

ACCT1501: Accounting & Financial Management 1A
ECON1101: Microeconomics 1
ECON1203: Business and Economic Statistics
MGMT1001: Managing Organisations & People

*Students wishing to complete a major in Actuarial Studies should complete MATH1151 Mathematics for Actuarial Studies & Finance 1A (6 UOC) and MATH1251 Mathematics for Actuarial Studies & Finance 1B (6 UOC) instead of ECON1203 Business and Economic Statistics. "

InterNut

HSC
BOOYEAH; a billion and one thanks to you. Seriously. And, guess I should have looked hardererer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)