Really pissed off by some topics in the syllabus (1 Viewer)

DavidWen

HSC
Some of the topics just have got nothing to do with anything :( like, project management tools, communication techniques(e.g. interviews, user meetings, etc), copyright laws, software market and that. I mean, when in the future a company decide to hire me they will not be expecting a programmer, a system analyst, a legal consultant, a business administrator and a project manager at the same time will they?
They needn't have included a quarter of these rubbish and made it how it ought to be, technical. I heard that we are the last year using this bloody syllabus and I hope they have changed it for the better.

HSC
Uni Grad
I agree a lot of that stuff is unnecessary to be syllabus content but imo it's relevant and good to have a vague idea about what it is your colleagues are doing so you know who to talk to about what I guess.
I just think it could be condensed a bit and emphasised/tested less to make way for the 'real stuff'.

timinator1993

HSC
Yep it sucks mate, we got very little actual programming done, and we only learnt very basic amounts of Delphi/pascal, whereas I thought we'd actually be learning to code :/

HSC
Uni Grad
Ye I was expecting that too, and it's all zomg documentation crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)