Votes: 60 56.1%
  • less than 4

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • all nighter

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters

lawrence.h

HSC
Who's been staying up late to cram before exams?

I tried to be good and have a good night's sleep, but this week, I had 5 subjects in four days and cramming was pretty much my only option.
(apart from working hard earlier in the year so it would stay in my long term memory. But then again, hard work pays off later, laziness pays off now! Unfortunately I arrived at the 'later' this week, and couldn't afford to be lazy...so..that theory didn't really end up working)

Oh yeah, one of my friends actually didn't go to sleep Monday night. Both of us had Modern and Economics on Tuesday, and he stayed up the whole night, just drinking a few Mother energy drinks.
Any similar stories?

HSC
I'm not one to stay up late cramming. I'd rather not know it and be mentally focused (somewhat) than be really tired during the exam (even if I have energy drinks, the fatigue will get to me).

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
I dont purposely stay up late studying before exams, but I usually get a shit sleep the night before an exam.

In the 72 hours before today, I probably got a total of 9 hours sleep (so 3 hours a night, when I had 3 exams in a row)

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC
I tend to stay up all night before exams, especially tonight with a double tomorrow (Ancient + Religion). Mainly because I'm scared if I sleep, I'll wake up late haha.

Yes, I have a collection of V cans. Need some sleep, but then I couldn't afford not to lose time studying either. It's only temporary, so it can't be that bad. I'm kind of use to staying up late and waking up early and I feel ok.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
haha i was about to make a thread like this. yup, i'm extremely tired. body aching, the works. i average 1-2 hours of sleep before exams, usually cramming for hours to accomodate for my bludging during stuvac and earlier. after i got home from ext1 eng, i crashed for around 3 hours, and am about to cram ancient till 3-4. i just want to collapse onto my bed and wake up in a few years time :(

oh well, i finish monday! nearly there... i think i'll make it -.-

hope everyone isn't too bad.. nearly over

Muz4PM

HSC
I get about 6-7 hours sleep a night. I just crashed on the couch for about fifty minutes, probably a combination of tiredness and not wanting to watch the Australian get hammered in the cricket.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
i get the normal amount of sleep, but still feel fucking dead of a morning
and after an exam

layzeehbum

HSC
i tried to sleep the night b4 eng paper 2 but i just can't !!! so i decided to read my generic essay over n over again... at the end, i ended up forgetting my lines n just improvise everything on the spot... plus i was half sleeping while answering the last section.....it was so bad... there goes my uai down the drain...
as for the rest of my exam, i just revised everything a day or a couple days before the exam... i dun care nemore...
as long as i get into my courses...its all good :)

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
one of my friends cant sleep the night before. she gets about 2 hours. she reckons she cant switch her brain off, all the information is just swimming in her head. i dunno how she does it. im not sure that i could stay awake in an exam like that let alone concentrate properly.

HSC
My fault, stay up late (not studying) - wake early to cram...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
i'll be in bed 4 hours usually... 5 if i'm lucky
BUT I have the worst time trying to get to sleep/staying asleep before exams so in terms of time spent asleep it's about 2ish.

neeksy45

HSC
nick3157 said:
one of my friends cant sleep the night before. she gets about 2 hours. she reckons she cant switch her brain off, all the information is just swimming in her head. i dunno how she does it. im not sure that i could stay awake in an exam like that let alone concentrate properly.
yeah that pretty much sounds like me.
i TRY to get enough sleep, it just never works out.
it drives me crazy, because even if i don't think i am really stressed or nervous i still can't sleep, my mind goes into overdrive contemplating anything and everything. :(

jabbastar

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
I only ever sleep 4-6 hours a night, exam or no exam.
Yep! Me in a nut shell. But I'm cramming in REALLY bad way. Example, exam at 1:55 .. currently 10:30 and I haven't even finished summary notes. Started study last night.

SpoonSamba

HSC
i had ancient today and i had 20mins of sleep last night

im going to bed

gnight
x

MadamGuilia

HSC
I've been going to bed (trying to sleep) at 9:30 or 10:30... I ain't risking it and am trying to be bright for study/exams as best as possible. My mind is usually too active to fall asleep straight away and end up awake for hours though I'm trying to stop that from happening.

rach19

HSC
I tend to get to bed around 11ish and get up at 7. But if its an arvo exma I'll stay up till 12:30 and get up at 7:30-8. I never cram because Im either going to know it or not, usually i'll read over summaries, quotes, dot points until 20 minutes before the exam that my crammming.

sparkerasp

HSC
rach19 said:
I tend to get to bed around 11ish and get up at 7. Usually i'll read over summaries, quotes, dot points until 20 minutes before the exam that my crammming.
Same. I can't cram that well unless I'm completely relaxed. I've been getting around 6-8 hours sleep.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
need a solid 7ish hours for maffs, because that requires critical thinking.

anything else...sleep whenever i know everything i need to know.
so ranges from 7-ish hours for english modules to 90 minutes for latin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)