Reason to why we enjoyed first year computing so much (1 Viewer)

syper

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
HSC
Yeah he's good, but I'm a first year student and he only did the advanced COMP1911 lectures in S1. Can't wait till I do some security/crypto courses.

Pace_T

HSC
i had him for my first semester of uni in 1911, he was funny and made me enjoy what i was(nt) learning. i thought no teacher could be better than him. then after a couple of weeks i realised i hadnt really learnt anything from his lectures. theyre more entertainment than anything else. i remember he kept on telling us to read the textbook and we'll be "fine" and no i was not fine!!!
but this semester i have one lecturer who i think is wayyyy cool. he teaches taxation... he should be getting the award, absolutely hilarious like a comedy show but you also learn very difficult content with such ease.

J0n

N/A
HSC
heh, I kind of agreed with Pace_T. But I remember him saying that he saw the purpose of lectures as inspiring us to learn. I like this, since I prefer independent learning, and I found his lectures very motivating and insightful.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Whhoooo! I'll be in his 2911 class next semester!

So they're bringing higher computing back for first years in 08? I got gipped :mad1:

gman03

HSC
chucknthem said:
Whhoooo! I'll be in his 2911 class next semester!

So they're bringing higher computing back for first years in 08? I got gipped :mad1:
But he is only taking 1/3 of the course, and the remaining will be taken by John Potter

HSC
i honestly think that the people who love computing would love it anyway no matter who the lecturer was....

sunny

meh.
HSC
I've done more than one subject where the lecturer completely turned me off from wanting to know anything else about the topic...

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yep...I still read it when I have time. Just been too busy recently to post all that much.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
stay on topic politik ta.

and first year comp is something that you have to teach yourself regardless, so having an entertaining lecture is a bonus

null-result

HSC
had him for 1917 in 2008s1

for the time i was there yeah he was .. motivational , i suppose
then again i didnt really listen cause i was busy playing on my ds/laptop so yeah ..

i have jas for 1927 2008s2 and good god i still cant stop thinking 'hippy'. but he still rocks.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Li0n said:
stay on topic politik ta.

and first year comp is something that you have to teach yourself regardless, so having an entertaining lecture is a bonus
Entertaining lectures should be compulsory.
Fuck this is why I have a tendency to skip lectures that aren't.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I have jas too for comp1927, I try to listen as much as possible but I've been pretty sick the past few days.

need to revise priority queues and heapsort badly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)