Reasons for a greater induced emf (1 Viewer)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
I'm currently writing a discussion for a prac, and I'm currently struggling in finding information for specifics.
These are the ones that I'm most annoyed with:
I know that more turns of wire and a strong magnet both help maximise a greater induced emf, but what is the reason as to why those 2 factors help induce a greater emf?

Last edited:

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Using the formula emf=-n(delta phi/delta time)
Therefore emf is proportional to number of winds, and delta phi/delta time (where phi is mag field strength x area), so if you increase the magnetic field strength or the area the emf increases. Also if speed of rotation increases delta time decreases hence increasing delta phi/delta time.

Overall: emf increases by: increasing the number of winds , increasing the magnetic field strength, increasing the area of the coil, increasing the speed of rotation.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Using the formula emf=-n(delta phi/delta time)
Therefore emf is proportional to number of winds, and delta phi/delta time (where phi is mag field strength x area), so if you increase the magnetic field strength or the area the emf increases. Also if speed of rotation increases delta time decreases hence increasing delta phi/delta time.

Overall: emf increases by: increasing the number of winds , increasing the magnetic field strength, increasing the area of the coil, increasing the speed of rotation.
This.
How much detail are you looking for OP?

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
ok thanks guys! yeah im looking for quite a lot of detail if thats good :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)