reasons for nose bleeding (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
as like the question above, what are the main reasons why ppl nose bleed?

is something misiing which causes this to occur?

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
There are several causes for the nosebleed including trauma (such as hitting the nose), fracture (broken nose), altitude, anticoagulant (anti-clotting) medication, excessively dry air, excessive nosepicking among children, allergic rhinitis and high blood pressure among the elderly. Some rare diseases that may cause nosebleeds are Wegener's granulomatosis and hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT, Rendu-Osler-Weber disease); sarcoidosis, when it involves the nose, has been reported to cause nosebleeds.

Both the frequency of spontaneous epistaxis and the length and severity of bleeding can be increased by anticoagulants. These may include prescription medications such as warfarin or aspirin as well as herbal supplements such as ginkgo. Cultures with a diet rich in fish sources that include high levels of omega-3 fatty acids (especially the Inuit) have also been observed to experience a higher incidence of nosebleeds.

i took that shit from wikipedia. good place

theone123

blue essence
HSC
thanks mate, does anyone know if quarterising is good to stop it from bleeding permanently?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
cauterization.. i think tats what u mean.

- "Your health care provider might use a procedure called cauterization to force the blood to clot (coagulate) at the bleeding site. This will help stop it from bleeding again."

A procedure that destroys tissue with a hot instrument, an electrical current,
or a caustic substance (like acid). - in epitaxis its silver nitrate, Endoscopic electrocautery, Laser cautery

http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic1618.htm

efficacy is questionable depending on method.. and size... i kno some ppl where its worked and some where it didnt..

inasero

Reborn
HSC
its good and effective...but should only be used if other things don't work...obviously its okay to get nosebleeds once in a while e.g. if the weather is dry of you are tired...but if that doen't work then try other methods such as leaning forward and pinching the cartilage of your nose.
The obvious thing to do is to avoid the things causing nosebleeds in the first place, such as dry weather, sports or picking your nose. If those dont work and also cannot be remedied by pinching your nose for a few minutes then you might consider cauterization as an option.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
theone123 said:
thanks mate, does anyone know if quarterising is good to stop it from bleeding permanently?
My lil bros nose used to bleed all the time for no reason all of a sudden...He had this done and it has never bleed (for no reason) ever again

theone123

blue essence
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
cauterization.. i think tats what u mean.

- "Your health care provider might use a procedure called cauterization to force the blood to clot (coagulate) at the bleeding site. This will help stop it from bleeding again."

A procedure that destroys tissue with a hot instrument, an electrical current,
or a caustic substance (like acid). - in epitaxis its silver nitrate, Endoscopic electrocautery, Laser cautery

http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic1618.htm

efficacy is questionable depending on method.. and size... i kno some ppl where its worked and some where it didnt..
yep thats it, i did it young and it happens frequently again

if it going bleed continuously non stop will someone die lol? if so how long?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
inasero said:
its good and effective...but should only be used if other things don't work...obviously its okay to get nosebleeds once in a while e.g. if the weather is dry of you are tired...but if that doen't work then try other methods such as leaning forward and pinching the cartilage of your nose.
The obvious thing to do is to avoid the things causing nosebleeds in the first place, such as dry weather, sports or picking your nose. If those dont work and also cannot be remedied by pinching your nose for a few minutes then you might consider cauterization as an option.
which part is the cartilage?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
the non-bony part of the nose
you should not heed advice to pinch the bridge (bony part) of the nose as it's useless

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
if u bleed more than 20 mins.. goto a hospital.. then they will put sumfing lik a tampon to halt the bleeding

(OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD>>> ANYONE DUN put a TAMPON IN URE NOSE IF IT BLEEDS or otherwise>> I WILL BEAT U TO DEATH... TO SAVE FURTHER EMBARASSMENT to ureself )

personally id say if ure having them regularly and they are a big annoyance.. u need to fix/uncover the underlying problem :)... then cauterise.. but consult a physician.. all of us (me, inasero and lexi) here are just there to HELP u make a balanced/informed decision.. not to make it for u

Last edited:

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Maybe a bit strange, but i used to get nosebleeds whenever just before the weather became all humid and raining. I used to get really bad headaches too. This used to happen without fail, but hasn't happened for ages. Last week tho i had a nosebleed for the first time in months and months, and sure enough the weather turned really crap yesterday and i have had the worst headache for the past 2 days.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i think this is such a valid question!

there people who have never ever EVER had a nosebleed in the life, so why the damn nosebleeds?

I get really small ones. None of the gushing that my brother seems to have.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Thin walls in the blood vessels in your nose cause them to rupture easily during hot weather.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)