reasons to drop maths ext1 (1 Viewer)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
lol thats why we love you.
in class ill just pretend that i understand all of it, and ill keep nodding, and if she asks me an impossible question then ill just keep nodding with a smile

dcz

HSC
not really related but.

i'm doing 13u atm with ext1 maths, say i drop a 2u sub and leave 11, since the hsc only counts top 10, would there be a point in doing ext1 maths? :confused:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
If you are doing well in ext 1 maths, then it would count towards your UAI, leaving out one other unit from your subjects. If however you are not doing well in it, it is best for you to drop ext 1 maths and concentrate on your other subjects.

dcz

HSC
yeah, all my other subs are 2u subjects. i'm doing pretty good in ext1, but i'm not sure about the move to ext2.

can they be halved? :confused:

busterblues

04 Info Tech First in HSC
HSC
If you have been trying your hardest, and you believe you simply cannot grasp the concepts no matter how much sweat and blood you put into it (lets face it Extension Maths this is often the case)...then the course is simply not for you.

However if you want to do anything to do with Computer Science or Software Engineering, think again, because this is only the start of what you are expected to know at University. They expect much much more and they expect you to know everything about a area of maths in less than a week.

Scary stuff, but its reality!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)