Reasons to drug test (1 Viewer)

nicola99

Hey,
Not sure how to go about this question..and ideas would be appreciated!
Drug testing can be considered a waste of time by some as many athletes are not being detected...justify the use of drug testing.

blacmajic

HSC
N/A
well, you just have to justify. basically, why do we do drug testing? even if we dont drug test everybody yet (i think medalists are usually tested) they are still catching more and more people. Also less people are likely to try and get away with drugs knowing there is a high possibility they will get tested, especially if they get a medal.

It makes it more fair for the people who arent using drugs, gradually as the years go on more people will be tested and it will become even fairer. Some people say that if there was no drug testing and everyone could use whatever they wanted then there would be an even playing field, however sports competition is meant to be a test of human capabilities and not how many drugs you can get into your body!!

or if you wan to look at it the other way, and put a negative spin on it then you could say: not everyone is tested therfor it doesnt make a difference, or it would be fair if everyone was allowed drugs. Or even that drug testing puts a bad name on the sport, if you see someone really strong or good at what they do, many people straight away think "they must be taking drugs". People are often accused by thers who dont know anything about them.

anyway, i hope that was helpfull, i hope i didnt babble too much!!
good luck with the exams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)