received early offer from UWS what to do (1 Viewer)

HSC
So i just got a letter today saying i'm accepted into UWS through the early offer program and to go in i must move uws to my first pref by jan 1

but what i want to know, is i'd rather go to uts or maq if i somehow get accepted. they say i will get a formal offer from uac on jan 3, so is this early round? does that mean i can accept it and then in the main round or late round if i get something i can cancel and move to my new offer?

i just want to make sure

is there a chance i will get a early round offer from uts and maq if i don't make the cut-off atar?

for usyd i did the flexible entry application, uts i did the engineering quiz too

does this early offer mean i've been accepted for sure?

Last edited:

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
I think i'll recap what you've said to be my interpretation and then answer:
So you are saying that UWS has told you that you will get early offer if you move it to first pref but you would prefer other uni's and hope they give an early offer as well

My advice is to put what you really want first, so if u say want UTS/Maq/Usyd put them first, because if you use your first pref on Uws you shouldn't receive any other offers because your first preference has been fulfilled unless that is what you really want.
I believe by accepting an early round offer you remove yourself from the main rounds (others members please confirm)
If and i say If the letter said that you have been accepted or offered a position for "X" course at UWS then it should be quite explicit

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You didn't get a call from UTS? I think people already got calls for early offers from there so you may have missed out on early offer but that doesn't really mean anything. Anyway early round is just an addition round at the begining, if you wish you can change UWS to first preference to get the offer and then change it back to what you had for main round.

kellie1994

HSC
I got that letter too. Does it mean i definitely have a place at uws?

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
I think i'll recap what you've said to be my interpretation and then answer:
So you are saying that UWS has told you that you will get early offer if you move it to first pref but you would prefer other uni's and hope they give an early offer as well

My advice is to put what you really want first, so if u say want UTS/Maq/Usyd put them first, because if you use your first pref on Uws you shouldn't receive any other offers because your first preference has been fulfilled unless that is what you really want.
I believe by accepting an early round offer you remove yourself from the main rounds (others members please confirm)
If and i say If the letter said that you have been accepted or offered a position for "X" course at UWS then it should be quite explicit
See advice at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIiyrjNcCcc

And

http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/faq/change-preference.shtml

Also answers may be provided at: http://pubsites.uws.edu.au/teamu/tips-and-faqs.html

Or you can ring the numbers at http://pubsites.uws.edu.au/teamu/index.html

Last edited:

HSC
so if i change the uws pref to 1st pref to get accepted and then after that i can change UTS back to first for main round offers? and if the uws early offer ends up being the only one i get then i can accept it?

Dylanamali

HSC
so if i change the uws pref to 1st pref to get accepted and then after that i can change UTS back to first for main round offers? and if the uws early offer ends up being the only one i get then i can accept it?
Exactly.

HSC
so how does the order of your uac preferences affect your chances of getting into each course? i don't understand, i read that the orders don't matter because each is considered equally but then why do they say put the one you most want to go to first?

Dylanamali

HSC
Order completely matters.
If you meet the requirements you'll get an offer to your first preference. You only get 1 offer per round. So of course it matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)