"Recession possible" - Kevin Rudd (1 Viewer)

ZabZu

HSC
The bad economic conditions are being caused by factors outside the governments control. High oil prices have caused transport costs and hence prices to increase (inflation increases). The Reserve Bank increases interest rates to limit inflation and it also slows the economy.

The bottom line is even if Howard was still the Prime Minister we would be experiencing the exact same problem. Also, to those who disagree. What economic policy changes has Rudd implemented? We still have a big budget surplus and the changes to industrial relations thus far have been insigificant.

Edward Teach

Blackbeard!
HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
It's the old case of the poor get poorer and the rich get poorer but still live quite comfortably. :D

Sucks to be an already "poor" person who voted Labor.
you won't be laughing when your harbourside mansion gets flooded due to global warming, jewboy

Rudd :cool:

HSC
The US economy is collapsing, WTF else do you expect will happen.

This has 0% to do with anything in Australia, except the previous government perhaps, which has created a big trading partner out of the US, which just makes us more succeptable to US economic problems. Good job Howard you retard.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
You idiot, it will be just like that movie "Deep Impact" all the wealthy people will be flown to safety to build an even better world. :p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:

This has 0% to do with anything in Australia, except the previous government perhaps, which has created a big trading partner out of the US, which just makes us more succeptable to US economic problems. Good job Howard you retard.
Yeah dude, what we really need to do is close the borders and print money.

Seriously, which OS are you using to unleash that bile onto the Internet?

ZabZu

HSC
zstar said:
Whether Australia goes to recession is not because of Howard or Rudd it's because of Bush, Bernanke, David Rockefeller and the Rothschilds.

Australia is a satellite of the American sphere of influence and if America goes down then Australia will fall to just like Cuba and North Korea that couldn't sustain itself because it was a Satellite of the USSR.
Starcraftmazter said:

You two are wrong. The US had a recession in 2001 and during the same period the Australian economy had decent economic growth. This is mostly due to increasing trade with countries experiencing rapid growth such as China and India. These countries are fuelling the mining boom.

HSC
ZabZu said:
You two are wrong. The US had a recession in 2001 and during the same period the Australian economy had decent economic growth. This is mostly due to increasing trade with countries experiencing rapid growth such as China and India. These countries are fuelling the mining boom.
I'm talking about something far more serious than a recession in USA. Also, seeing as how you mentioned China...

China gets a lot of resources from Australia, to make consumer goods - a lot of which are sold to USA. When Americans can no longer buy these goods, what happens?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I don't see the water level rising that much by 2010 (bearing in mind that that is when Rudd and his Labor losers will be extracted from power.)

HSC
JaredR said:
I don't see the water level rising that much by 2010 (bearing in mind that that is when Rudd and his Labor losers will be extracted from power.)
The opposition is so pathetic, they can't even decide whom their leader will be. And they probably still won't at 2010 and well past it, hence....3 more years of ALP leadership. At least.

Edward Teach

Blackbeard!
HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
you can worship at the liberal church all you want but they're not getting resurrected any time soon

roll on 30 year Labor dynasty baby :cool:

badquinton304

HSC
I think the liberals need a leader whos not from the howard, costello, abbot downer era. A fresh face. Because Nelson is hopless, turnbull doesnt seem to have enough support from liberal voters and costello probably wont have enough votes from non liberal voters to win an eletion.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
badquinton304 said:
I think the liberals need a leader whos not from the howard, costello, abbot downer era. A fresh face. Because Nelson is hopless, turnbull doesnt seem to have enough support from liberal voters and costello probably wont have enough votes from non liberal voters to win an eletion.
We need Costello.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Starcraftmazter said:
$5 says if Costello becomes new libs leader, the opposition has no hope in hell, winning the next election.
I think Costello is gaining popularity though :)
Id prefer to see him treasurer again than pm. Im not totally sold on Turnbull for the top job either...prefer Costello cause I would know what to expect in a sense

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Considering Labour occupies the political position that Liberal used to occupy, and Liberal is now fairly far right-wing (both economically and socially) I have a feeling Labour is here to stay until Liberal moderates itself a bit, or some more centrist party emerges popular to polarise things (e.g. Democrats, or Greens if they move more to the centre).

But of course, a name is powerful thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)