Recession (1 Viewer)

HSC
brogan77 said:
yeah terrible recession guys, market's up about 200 points today

<_<

>_>
knee jerk technical correction. speculators closing short positions for the most part, im guessing. next month there's going to be more bad news. china and europe are both down, rba's going to raise rates, and centro's going to collapse. once it does im guessing another round of indiscriminate selling.

god im getting hard just at the thought of all the money to be made.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
quixote studios said:
...centro's going to collapse. once it does im guessing another round of indiscriminate selling.
Yeah, its not going to collapse hey. I'll tell you that much.

Danny Avram

HSC
Slidey said:
http://news.smh.com.au/asx-suffers-biggest-fall-in-10-years/20080122-1nbu.html

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific_business/view/324181/1/.html

So what do you think? With nearly every market around the globe being hit hard by the US fears of insolvency, what will happen? Do you think the US will go into recession? Will Europe? Do you think Australia will?
THe FED will continue to lower interest rates. US dollar will depreciate. US exports to major markets will decline. And recession gap will widen. Bush's tax cuts will get to a point where if he continues to do so further the gov will be out of pocket. By that time Bush will be long over due and the new president will do nothing more than make a WAR. As we know wars are good for the economy.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
brogan77 said:
yeah terrible recession guys, market's up about 200 points today

<_<

>_>
I am living off bread and milletseed... MILLETSEED DAMMIT!@

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Yep Labour caused a recession since being in office for one month.......

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Hay I don't know much about economics, so this is a question.

With whatever the US Federal Reserve did the other month, the uh "market" became stable again right? Was that not just a temporary fix that will delay an inevitable crash? I heard that the US economy was like, 70% shopping and heavily in debt. So if this thing was just a way to get people to buy stuff again, won't it eventually come back to the same place, but even worse? I mean, like, is it like a family who's heavily in debt, and then takes out another loan so they can pay off the debt they already had, but end up in even more debt?

Or am I totally on the wrong track. Knowledgable economics gurus only need reply.

Danny Avram

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Hay I don't know much about economics, so this is a question.

With whatever the US Federal Reserve did the other month, the uh "market" became stable again right? Was that not just a temporary fix that will delay an inevitable crash? I heard that the US economy was like, 70% shopping and heavily in debt. So if this thing was just a way to get people to buy stuff again, won't it eventually come back to the same place, but even worse? I mean, like, is it like a family who's heavily in debt, and then takes out another loan so they can pay off the debt they already had, but end up in even more debt?

Or am I totally on the wrong track. Knowledgable economics gurus only need reply.
THAT'S right the economy should stabilise for the short term. And you see that on the stock markets since people have more money to invest. But underneath it all the US is facing a huge shortage of goods and services. Their economic growth has slowed down and GDP is all downhill from here. So the US has become more like the unproductive worker. It under-produces goods and services. And the middle-class will bear the financial burden of increases in everything from bread to bus-tickets.

HSC
Dammit the herd's smarting up. All Ords opened down 100 points. Oh well, time to go long

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Is that about 1.25% in one week? Fuck.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Are you serious some people?
Kevin Rudd has nothing to do with the economic problem going in in the US. That
was ridiculour to even apply the blame on anyone but the US Government.
There stupid fault for lending to people who cannot pay it off.
The US market is slowly becoming a weaker market, and people from other countries will trade more with bigger markets such as China or India.
Like Australia, India and China are a couple of our biggest imports and exports.
China also has one of the most stable economy in the world.
Study Globalisation and mostly trade and it will give you a better understanding of
what to expect from this US economic decline.
Overall, most countries are safe, it will affect us of course cause we do rely heavily
on them, but not as bad as to form a recession in this country. The international business flow would be quite depressing. Thats all dood. Chill.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
CPI Inflation (4.1%) > Discount Rate (3%)

mmmmmmmm

Gold $US1500 here we come

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
Zrap said:
Overall, most countries are safe, it will affect us of course cause we do rely heavily on them.....
you are kidding yourself if you think a US recession wont affect all the major economies - in a big way

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Zrap said:
Are you serious some people?
Kevin Rudd has nothing to do with the economic problem going in in the US. That
was ridiculour to even apply the blame on anyone but the US Government.
There stupid fault for lending to people who cannot pay it off.
The US market is slowly becoming a weaker market, and people from other countries will trade more with bigger markets such as China or India.
Like Australia, India and China are a couple of our biggest imports and exports.
Study Globalisation and mostly trade and it will give you a better understanding of
what to expect from this US economic decline.
Overall, most countries are safe, it will affect us of course cause we do rely heavily
on them, but not as bad as to form a recession in this country. The international business flow would be quite depressing. Thats all dood. Chill.
Predictions estimate Australia's GDP growth per year will drop from 3.75% to 2.5% if America goes into recession. So Australia probably won't go into recession, no.

But by the same token, Australia is economically stable because we distance ourselves from any one market. It is for this reason Australia rode out the 1998 Chinese/Asian stock market crash with relative immunity.

But it'd be a mistake to place all our faith and resources in China. More so than for America, since America is a stable 1st world country with free press, democracy, and a fairly strong record of good human rights. Will it be possible to say the same for China within the next 50 years on any one of these points? No.

HSC
Zrap said:
lolwut. china's economy's bout as stable as a man balancing his entire weight on his penis. the sse was trading at an average of 50x p/e at its heights. people were buying stocks based on feng shui

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
quixote studios said:
china's economy's bout as stable as a man balancing his entire weight on his penis.
hahahaha. quoted for truth.

boris

Banned
HSC
quixote studios said:
lolwut. china's economy's bout as stable as a man balancing his entire weight on his penis. the sse was trading at an average of 50x p/e at its heights. people were buying stocks based on feng shui
I hope it isn't an Asian guys penis :(

kaliber

HSC
I think the chinese economy will continue to expand, however the only problem thats going to hurt the country will be the environment, since there is no strict regulation on pollution levels, and if there were companies tend to settle issues with bribes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)