• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

recharging between exams (1 Viewer)

55746187max

HSC
i just got my half yearly exam timetable

i got legal studies + economics on one day, and business studies + modern history on another day
i find this extremely annoying, not only because of the study, but my focus and knowledge has to change in the day

i only have an hour between each exam.
everytime i finish an exam, i feel tired, irritable my hand hurts and just general lethargy

could youse hit me up wit sum tips to chill/refresh myself between exams?

and please don't say anything along the lines of ' jack yourself up on coffee/red bull/ pepsi etc', cuz last thing i wanna do is burn out midway thru an extended response haha

thx

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
i would say :
-eat something healthy-lots of complex carbs.
-and drink lots of water.
-bring some notes to read lightly in between subjects, just to change your train of thought.

calslut

Banned
HSC
Complex carbs would be bad for between exams mate.

You mean the night before, complex carbs are absorbed over a longer period of time, they wouldn't get a chance to be used. You want simple carbs (i.e. sugars) between the exams, also if it's that bad have a redbull or something.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
calslut said:
Complex carbs would be bad for between exams mate.

You mean the night before, complex carbs are absorbed over a longer period of time, they wouldn't get a chance to be used. You want simple carbs (i.e. sugars) between the exams, also if it's that bad have a redbull or something.
not really bad, because there still been broken down.
I mean straight away eat bread/noodles.

or as cal said some sugar would be good, coke, red bull CSR sachaes.
and just chillax for 20 mins at least in between.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
a power-nap, an apple, some water (although you should take a water bottle in with you. It's harder to concentrate when you're dehydrated) and maybe some more filling food if you can stomach it.

While chowing down on munchies read over your immaculate study summaries, or get out a pad and paper and write down a summary of what you know.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Luckily for me our HSC organiser is amazing and only a few people have two exams on the same day. My advice- at least what I'd do- is read over paragraphs in the library/an empty room and drink water and eat fruit. Fruit is healthy so it must help, right? D:

One thing I try not to do is discuss the paper with people until all the other exams are over- you don't want to realise you missed the main idea of a 25 marker going into a fresh exam :/

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Our exams go over 2 weeks, so pretty much no one has 2 exams in the same day.

Infact im sure no one does.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Get a text to speech translator, change your notes to MP3 and put em on your iPod and go for a quick run around the school.

55746187max

HSC
yer, my exams go for 2 weeks aswell ay

im still devoed but o well

tough times don't last, tough people do

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Studentleader said:
Get a text to speech translator, change your notes to MP3 and put em on your iPod and go for a quick run around the school.
is that effective.
i want to try it --> kinda.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Just have some healthy foods and drink, but also make sure you don't need to go to the toilet during the exam, this is a terrible waste of time.

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
eat a massive, delicious cooked meal in between your exams so you are nice and full. you will feel so fat and legit in your exam.

make sure you dont forget to have a really nice desert after your meal.

Poad

HSC
*shrug*

I have Italian, Ext 2 Maths, Economics and Chemistry all within 2 days of each other. And my exam week goes over two weeks as well - 2 exams in week 1, 5 exams in week 2. ._.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
i have four - no wait, five - assessments in two days. when i tell people that they're like "ew you poor thing :/" but i seriously love it this way, it suits my cramming "let's get this shit over and done with" style really well. plus this way i get to finish my exams before some people have even started them, wooo!

Koukouei21

HSC
ive got 8 examz spread over 1 week. It worked out so i got 2 days with 2 exams on it...my worst is PD and Economics. The best thing is thats its goes from Wednesday to the Thursday of the next week...so i got the WHOLE weekend to study for PD and eco.
Our timetable always gets screwed...like english is on the same day as business studies so heaps of my friends who do both a freaking out.
I cant wait to get it ova wit...8 months until the hell of the HSC is done

We always have 1 hour breaks...so the best adice is go sumwhere quiet and just read over ur notes twice. Also when studying the night b4 cut it in half and spend the first part of the afternoon studying for ur 2nd exam and then the second part of the afternoon studying for ur 1st...that way u get up nice and ready :karate:

watso

HSC
I have no problem with exams being close together. For some particular reason that is when I will perform in exams. However during prelim I noticed morning exams performed better than days I only had an afternoon exam and the closer together exams were the better prepared I was. With my half yearly's all my exams are in the first week except one which is how I like it. Close together. It allows to me to prepare mentally alot easier. However on the second week my last exam is on the friday. I usually stress with an afternoon exam and not going to school for a week I might not be on the ball mentaly even with study. How can I help myself with these psychological patterns I seem to be adapting? My pattern is as follow

Moday (M)
tuesday (M)
tuesday (A)
wednesday (M)
thursday (M)
Friday week (A)

especially economics where my essays arent as good as they should be I need to be the best mind frame possible. Any suggestions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)