rechecking (1 Viewer)

doingHSC

HSC
hey I wanna apply for rechecking of marks for chem, how do I do it?

doingHSC

HSC
thanks for that. I heard that if ur supposed to recieve lower mark than the one you got, they dont mark it down, is this true?

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Without Wings said:
but if ur sposed to receive a higher mark they mark it up?
so if i apply for a subject i feel i got ripped in, my mark can only either stay the same or go up? sounds good for $12
True, but the odds are it won't change.

FOCUS: Laz, if someone applies to get their Raw HSC marks & whatnot through the FOI act, then will they get an automatic "check of marks"? So will you have to pay $30 or $42 to get both?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
if you got your results in the mail from the board, there's a clerical recheck notice down the bottom..its $12 for most courses, $24 for eng..well thats what its got on mine anyway..

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
when they do a recheck, do they actually remark your exam?

i thought they just made sure it was all added up correctly and all ur sections were marked

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
FOCUS: Laz, if someone applies to get their Raw HSC marks & whatnot through the FOI act, then will they get an automatic "check of marks"?
No.

A separate application (with an additional $12) is required for the clerical recheck.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
losers, deal with ur marks, if u did worse in the exam that ur internal assessment, it probably means ur a suck up and couldn't deal with the pressure of independent marking....

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
FOCUS: Laz, if someone applies to get their Raw HSC marks & whatnot through the FOI act, then will they get an automatic "check of marks"?
Laz - so what does getting raw Hsc marks involve? Is that just what we got for the HSC exam, or do we get any breakdowns at all (eg, for English, with the 2 different papers)? Also, how do we apply, and when will we get those results by?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
iyamahobbit said:
Laz - so what does getting raw Hsc marks involve? Is that just what we got for the HSC exam, or do we get any breakdowns at all (eg, for English, with the 2 different papers)? Also, how do we apply, and when will we get those results by?
Raw marks are the actual marks you got in the exam before aligning takes place. You may or may not get a breakdown of marks, no one who got their marks have requested it so no one knows yet, but some people who applied for this year did ask for a breakdown so i guess we have to wait and see. You apply using the Freedom of Information Form and it should take about a month.

Here is the form:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/administration/foi_application_form.pdf

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
question:

eg: Ranked person 1 gets 48 for internal and 39 for external
and ranked person 2 gets 42 for internal and 47 for external

I wonder though in those circumstances, would ranked person 2's marks be taken away and swapped? or would they just stay the same?

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
Thanks for that.
Also, is the $30 for each subject or for all?

Bit steep, actually, if it's per subject... hehe, i'm not sure i want to know that badly :)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
ujuphleg said:
question:

eg: Ranked person 1 gets 48 for internal and 39 for external
and ranked person 2 gets 42 for internal and 47 for external

I wonder though in those circumstances, would ranked person 2's marks be taken away and swapped? or would they just stay the same?
It's not really possible to answer your question unless those two students are the only ones in the class... in which case the student ranked first would receive 39 for their external and 47 as their moderated assessment mark, and the student ranked second would receive 47 for their external and 39 as their moderated assessment mark.

iyamahobbit said:
Thanks for that.
Also, is the $30 for each subject or for all?

Bit steep, actually, if it's per subject... hehe, i'm not sure i want to know that badly :)
The $30 is just a flat application fee - you can ask for as much or as little as you like.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I sent an application form for a recheck on my English mark through my fax machine (by credit card payment).

When will i be notified if my mark changes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)