recommend maq? (1 Viewer)

oblivious.

HSC
hey all,
im considering going to maq after school, you guys think its a good uni?
like location wise its awesome, but good people there?
whats bad about it?
would u recommend it?
:)
thanx heaps.
xxx

X

xeuyrawp

I think the place is awesome.

Things to think about:

- What do you want to study?
- What else do you want to get out of uni?
- Is it easy to get to for you?

I wanted to study something that Macquarie excels at (Egyptology). I wanted to make a new bunch of friends, which I have - both students and teachers. And uni is about 7 mins drive when there's no traffic. So yeah, what more can you want? I happen to like the campus, I think the big/green campus overcomes the ugly library (think a Soviet bomb shelter).

But yeah, you're going to need to tell us what you want to get out of uni (academically and not academically), if we're going to help. =D

Last edited by a moderator:

oblivious.

HSC
thanx,

yea the locations heaps good for me.
and
i hear maq's really good for anthropology which im interested in.
=]
also freinds who go there have told me it has a way laid back atmosphere, which is awesome.

X

xeuyrawp

oblivious. said:
thanx,

yea the locations heaps good for me.
and
i hear maq's really good for anthropology which im interested in.
=]
also freinds who go there have told me it has a way laid back atmosphere, which is awesome.

Yeah, you have no idea how good it is to have your uni nearby.

I'm not sure about the specific units, but there's a hot anthropology PhD candidate named Guy. :eek:

With the atmosphere, yes it's very laid back. Everyone is a bit more relaxed and fun, which is great.

oblivious.

HSC
haha
i went to the last open day, it looked heaps good.
but yea i think itl be great.
you guys have like campus parties and stuff right?
a freind told me there was some thing every friday night, or something like that.

you do egyptology? that would be awesome.

thanx
xxx

Kegs

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Yeah, you have no idea how good it is to have your uni nearby.

I'm not sure about the specific units, but there's a hot anthropology PhD candidate named Guy. :eek:

With the atmosphere, yes it's very laid back. Everyone is a bit more relaxed and fun, which is great.
Yes, it does have said PhD student, which should be enough, but if you need more convincing, come in and speak to the lecturers. They would be more than happy to talk about it. I have heard that it is a really good department, and the lecturers are all really cool (at least the 3 I have met). But what is better than a student in the course telling you what they think, so I say more from miss_gtr!

oblivious.

HSC
hahaha
awesome.
yea anthropology from the arts side definatly.
sounds good.
lol, heard alot of hot ppl are at maq.
thanx for all ur help.
cya

Kegs

HSC
Is there some place I dont visit where all this talk of hot people goes on? There seems to be a lot of it and it seems to be a very important and integral part of everyone choosing their uni.

oblivious.

HSC
na uv got me all wrong. im not going there cause of the ppl.
i wanted to go there before i heard it had loads of hot ppl.
its a great uni, the hotness is just a bonus.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
oblivious. said:
hey all,
im considering going to maq after school, you guys think its a good uni?
like location wise its awesome, but good people there?
whats bad about it?
would u recommend it?
thanx heaps.
xxx
The general atmosphere of MQ is one which isn't segragated and more geared towards a more holistic community feeling. You'll have people doing all sorts of degrees in the same unit, some for cores, some for electives, some for fun, but they'll all bring a friendly feel to the classes.

The size and arrangement of the campus also means that there is really one main meeting area, no one is secluded or excluded, and usually leads to quite a few people gaining friends in all areas. Most people will be eager to talk to you in your first lecture or tutorial and some will become good friends from then on.

Kegs

HSC
miss_gtr said:
Tuesday and Wednesday x5b t1 3pm. <3. My favourite days of the week :nods:

Ooooo from the arts side? Yeah, you'll enjoy it. The subjects offered really vary and are super interesting.
But that's movie time, on both days! Got to get the priorities right. Ditching a film just to check people out. You dont belong at uni! No seriously now, what goes on there at that time? Are there sacrifices? Does it involve a Hills Hoist? It should.

And it's nice to interact with you too. If only everyone else got as excited as you. Perhaps we shall bump into eachother at x5b one of these days.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*notes down*

*remembers to bring camera*

Wait...I've already met the both of you :|

Kegs

HSC
miss_gtr said:
Maybe I have met you. Were you there on on orientation day this semester? You're like Alex's housemate? And you're smart? And Robs friend?
If so, I REMEMBER YOU. If not...lalallaala.

No, no Hills Hoist. But some rather hot men.
Curiouser and curiouser. I am Robs friend, but not Alex's housemate... Alex has been to my house once, I think. But I was at Orientation Day. Perhaps we did meet.

Kegs

HSC
miss_gtr said:
and you study maths? and I was like OooOO nerd. and then we were checking out people together. you have like ear length curly hair?
So we met and I dont remember. :eek: I am a bad person, what else can I say. I am a nerd, but hate maths, I am just stuck in the degree.

HSC
N/A
Ben - you were there with Rob around the time I rocked up and said hi to both you and Kylie :)

(she was the one that WASN'T in a yellow shirt :p)

Kegs

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Ben - you were there with Rob around the time I rocked up and said hi to both you and Kylie :)

(she was the one that WASN'T in a yellow shirt :p)
What day was this again?

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
just out of curiosity, but kegs are you mates with Murray, his a tall guy with red hair? i know this sounds completely random, but i know a guy whose nick name is kegs at MQ, just wondering if its you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)