Recommended Sequence In Handbook (1 Viewer)

u_smell

tHERE is a recommended sequence shown on the handbook, for b of science
(biological) but do u HAVE to follow it?
are the core subjects ones u MUST do in that particular year? or can you
postpone it and do them in an extra year later on..
or .. this may be a silly question and simliar to the previous, but ....can
you do a combination of just electives or alternative science subjects for a
semester (although it would be defeating the purpose of doing biological
science).
but yeh,... anyways.. im asking this because ive got pretty bad marks but i want to stay in uni... but don't think i should b in science and would like to transfer to b arts or something.. away from too much science... but if i keep doing science subjects i dont think ill get high enuff marks to transfer.. and im afraid ill b stuck in science foreva.. or at least till i get kickd out or whateva...

anyone do b arts?.... hows it work?.. it seems so broad... or if uve got any advice on other ways that i could transfer or anything....

thanks

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Well im not sure about the end part of your post, but in my handbook (b business accounting), theres a unit in the second year section, but it isnt offered til third year. so i dont think you HAVE to do the units in the handbook in the years that they appear.

purplemonkey

HSC
playitoff said:
anyone do b arts?.... hows it work?.. it seems so broad... or if uve got any advice on other ways that i could transfer or anything....

thanks
B Arts is pretty good....this is how its set out

1st Year - 2 compulsory core units per semester and 2 electives
2nd Year - 4 electives per semester, unless you're doing psych or education, then there are compulsory units for those
3rd Year - I think its the same as 2nd year.

You have a major and a submajor (if your Key Program is Humanities, and for most BA students this is the case) and you have to take 8 units over the 3 years from the electives in your major and 4 from your submajor...The majors are

*Asian Studies
*History, Politics and Philosophy
*English, Text and Writing
*Cultural and Social Analysis
*Psychology
*Languages
*Art History and Cinema Studies (but this is only at Penrith)
*Applied Humanites (you can only do this if you have TAFE accreditation)

When it comes to 2nd and 3rd year the degree does allow you to take some electives from other degrees (so I guess you could still factor in some science if you wanted). Its just a bit restricted in 1st year coz of the cores, and only having 2 electives. Overall, its pretty good, I'm finishing off my first year now!

Btw, I think you can do an internal course transfer if you have a 5.1 GPA or higher

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)