Recording Language Lectures/Tutorials (1 Viewer)

dotto

HSC
I'm due to start B Arts at Sydney this year, and I am studying two languages (French and Japanese). I've just started to think about whether I need a voice recording apparatus, either to record the lectures, or to record/practise sounds. I'm just wondering if it is neccessary to record langauge lectures and/or parts of tutorials.

If anyone can help please reply, thanks!

Dotto

niteshade1312

HSC
Actually thats a really good question. I'm starting Italian and I'm not too familiar with the sounds of the language!

wizard146

HSC
Yeah, are lectures (all of them, not only language ones) recorded? I know they are at some unis.

chepas

HSC
dotto said:
I'm just wondering if it is neccessary to record langauge lectures and/or parts of tutorials.
Probably not a bad idea, especially for people beginning the language. Though you'll probably find that you will do a lot of listening and repeating in the classes so maybe that will cover it. Also there will be cassettes and stuff available at the library, I imagine, and on the net in places, so there's no shortage of stuff to listen to. Maybe wait until you have got the rhythm of the classes. The teachers also are available for certain consultation hours, so you can always go to them for help.

wizard146 said:
Yeah, are lectures (all of them, not only language ones) recorded?
At USyd, no, but a lot of the language courses have a lot of online content in WebCT, like quizzes for classwork, and usually the lecture notes as well.

bugs

not trying to deviate off the topic here, BUT what are the language lec/tutorials like?
do you just take down notes on grammar then move to a diff topic the next lec?
it doesn't go at a fast pace does it?

i'm doing German beginners and intermediate italian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)