Recording notes (1 Viewer)

Emph

HSC
I have been considering the benefits of taping some of my notes (and poems for english etc) so I can listen to them on my iPod on the bus and stuff.

Being very un-technical I was just wondering what I need to buy to do this. I take it I need some sort of microfone and software for the computer.

Could someone please tell me some inexpensive options...?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
purchase a compatible microphone for your ipod (is it a mini, 3rd gen, 4gen or video?) and start recording your notes as a wav file .. you can upload these onto the computer. i think :eek:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
bobness said:
purchase a compatible microphone for your ipod (is it a mini, 3rd gen, 4gen or video?) and start recording your notes as a wav file .. you can upload these onto the computer. i think :eek:
3rd gen and onwards. but this is rather shitty quality in the 3rd gen cuz the recordings are in mono - not that it matters for recording lectures. You purchase a Griffin iTalk, which is pretty nifty, kinda like your iTrip.

But I know for certain that at some stage along the generations, stereo recording became available. I know that ipod video has stereo, which is awesome (if anyone remembers me whinging about the ipod, well I've found a reason to love it again - the stereo recording capability).

Just have to purchase a Griffin iTalk which enables the function to be used. Recent iTalks have a headphone input with them (you put italk in the headphone input, and italk has its own) and the headphones (I think) can also act as a microphone, its relatively the same and all useable.

Ipod voice recording settings:
Low (22.05 KHz, mono)
High (44.1 KHz, stereo)

recording it using italk and the ipod ends up with the recording as an uncompressed wav file.

<3 ipod and the ability to do stereo recordings (even tho iriver can do it)

How awesome is this. Look at me go! I feel less stereotypicall girly being able to cough all this shit up.

biggie walls

HSC
Wouldn't it be TOTALLY ironic, IF you studied Brave New World - including the way in which the society is conditioned through hypnaedic therapy... by listening to recorded notes whilst you were going to bed each night! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok dont think anyone cares, but its a thought...

sasquatch

HSC
You could more simply (and probably cheaper) buy a microphone for you computer. I knew a shop that solds headsets with alright quality for like $7, so im sure you might be able to find one around...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
sasquatch said:
You could more simply (and probably cheaper) buy a microphone for you computer. I knew a shop that solds headsets with alright quality for like $7, so im sure you might be able to find one around...
then you lug your laptop and computer around

couldnt be too much fun

passion89

HSC
biggie walls said:
Wouldn't it be TOTALLY ironic, IF you studied Brave New World - including the way in which the society is conditioned through hypnaedic therapy... by listening to recorded notes whilst you were going to bed each night! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hahaha!
I found it funny...

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
biggie walls said:

hahah I'm goin to do it, oh the irony

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
Why the hell do you need an ipod microphone? Just record yourself, the file will be on the computer, then transfer to ipod using iTunes.

s2indie

HSC
^exactly what i was thinking.
I was going to do that. Whenever I'm bothered to actually record myself.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
hmm

wouldnt work for a music student...

*goes forward with buying a mic for her ipod*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)