Recording study notes (1 Viewer)

bro66404

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Did anyone who has just finished Year 12, record their study notes onto their Ipod/Iphone touch and listen to them as a way of studying? If so, did you just use the 'Voice Memos' on the Ipod touch/Iphone or did you use another app? Did you find this method of studying effective?

Also do you recommend any particular apps for Eng Adv, Geo, Economics, SOR I, Ancient History and Maths (2U)?

Thanks

enoilgam

HSC
I have heard of it being done before - some people say it works, others don't. As I say, study is about finding what works for you, so try it for yourself and see if it is effective for you.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I have heard of it being done before - some people say it works, others don't. As I say, study is about finding what works for you, so try it for yourself and see if it is effective for you.
The bolded part is definitely true.

Aysce

HSC
Hi,

Did anyone who has just finished Year 12, record their study notes onto their Ipod/Iphone touch and listen to them as a way of studying? If so, did you just use the 'Voice Memos' on the Ipod touch/Iphone or did you use another app? Did you find this method of studying effective?

Also do you recommend any particular apps for Eng Adv, Geo, Economics, SOR I, Ancient History and Maths (2U)?

Thanks
I tried to, but honestly I lost concentration and felt sleepy haha - Yes, I used voice memos.

Vocalisation is the best way ;) (Just kidding, it varies for everyone).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I used my phone sometimes to do this-it helped familiarise me with my essay plans, speeches for assessments etc. It wasn't my most massive study thing, but I used various little things from the study toolkit during the year to diversify a little (I get bored easily doing the same thing over and over).

eat_well

HSC
I did this in the beginning of the year with the voice recorder on an ordinary computer and transfered the file onto my iphone.

I can't exactly say it worked for me because I eventually grew sick of hearing my own voice and couldn't recall what I listened to. You should give it a go though because a friend of mine said it did wonders for her and it wouldn't hurt too much :).

Bobbo1

HSC
Do what works for YOU. I have heard of this study technique to memorize essays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)