Red Hot Chilli Peppers (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
The Peppers are the greatest band to ever rock the earth!!! Every night i dream of them coming back to Australia...but they are in the studios recording now, so hopefully next here they will be out in Oz...but i dare say it might be the last time...I really want them to do BDO again...fucking awesome!!! Chad Smith is my idol! :p

slip

HSC
i dont think the chili peppers would do big day out again, 99 was a come back, that and john still couldn't play many of the older songs (i believe, because he did forget how to play most of them due to his herion addiction while he was out of the band), they like to play much longer sets (eg the peppers concert i went to they played nearly 3hrs)

the peppers have never have never been in better shape. they have have a unique touring pattern, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks at home or somethign along those lines, this was implemented after the 99bdo which nearly saw them break up (again) so that pretty much rules them out of the bdo (which strings out over a motnh nearly)

i doubt this will be the last record, maybe the last recording session but they have over 50 unreleased tracks from the past 18months. flea has previously said he will play music till the day he dies but when he stops releasing it is another matter. as for john he is still young, anthony has never been healthier and chad, well chad is just chad.

Rainbow Joanna

HSC
Ok one thing you can say about the Chili Peppers that u cant say about these other bands who have been around for decades is, they are always coming out with new ideas and spiritually and metaphysically challenging you at the same time. I mean take a look at the 80s when Hillel was around and Jack Irons was orbiting. Kiedis was just a rapper back then, who when 1st started off wasnt even that great and back then it was pure funk, though help with George Clinton, ironically he became a better vocalist and with JOHN FRUSCIANTE filling in the Hillelz massive shoes it was just able to continue that journey of exploring all genres of rock and creating new ones.

My only problem is the Dave Navarro issue. Yes, he did contribute with Jane's Addiction in creating that Alternative sound and help RCHP alot but at the end of the day CHILI PEPPERs are unique for another matter which is just playing kick ass music that does not have any boundaries.

I mean I say that with issues like the chemistry is just so unique. Look at Flea, listen to him when he was at Fear or even playing with Jane's Addiction for a short while he just didnt sound pure. I guess, my point is besides the fact that they are so hot and melting, these guys should be the benchmark as how to judge between sell outs and true kick ass music!

Rainbow Joanna

HSC
Disease said:
I bought Shadows Collide With People cheap a few weeks ago.. I think it's quite good. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's good music.
Omg as if it isnt great, my favourite songs from that album would have to be second walk, this cold and time goes back. It's nothing new John rocks and has always had a distinct sound. What I really cant believe is how good of a vocalist he now is as well.

Plus Omar Rodriguez-Lopez’ complex time signatures and frequent meter changes in his playing is evident on this album as well, seems to be more and more involved with John now as his influence and solo plays can also be heard on the Stadium Arcadium album as well. In the song, especially in Michigan, the solo near the end by him is just amazing (or is that John? lol).

Chris.

HSC
Rainbow Joanna said:
Omg as if it isnt great, my favourite songs from that album would have to be second walk, this cold and time goes back. It's nothing new John rocks and has always had a distinct sound. What I really cant believe is how good of a vocalist he now is as well.

Plus Omar Rodriguez-Lopez’ complex time signatures and frequent meter changes in his playing is evident on this album as well, seems to be more and more involved with John now as his influence and solo plays can also be heard on the Stadium Arcadium album as well. In the song, especially in Michigan, the solo near the end by him is just amazing (or is that John? lol).
havnt seen this thread in ages until u revived it...
anyway that solo ruins the song for me...its just so out of place and doesnt flow with the song for me. and yes that was omar.
any1 going to see them in april in sydney?

Chris.

HSC
jooobl said:
i ammmmmmmmmmmmm wooohoo
ill probably faint in the middle of it though.. like i do at all the other concerts i go to..
why do u faint at every concert?
the moshpit for RHCP wont be that bad, not much songs to mosh to really besides by the way,give it away and u cant really even mosh to them anyway lol
get a seat if u dont wana pass out anymore

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Chris. said:
why do u faint at every concert?
the moshpit for RHCP wont be that bad, not much songs to mosh to really besides by the way,give it away and u cant really even mosh to them anyway lol
get a seat if u dont wana pass out anymore
'

we,l ive been to 2 concerts in the moshpit, first i had as asthma attack then collapsed then second time I hadn't eaten anything all day and just ran out of energy half way through.... stupid i know- but i am going to bdo so it will be practise for me lol... It will be awesome and i love being in the moshpit even if it is only for half the concert, i just watch the rest from the side

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Ok, I take that back I only listen to by the way, californication, blood sugar sex magik, stadium arcadium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)