Red Orchestra (1 Viewer)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
http://www.redorchestragame.com/index.php

I'm wondering if anyone here has this game and want to know if there are many australian servers available.

For its price $20 USD, it seems worthwhile and personally I'm not fond of the futuristic aspect of ET: Quake Wars, which would cost $50 USD so this game might be the better choice.

neafoo

HSC
Ive played it on both the trial periods. It's fun but my pc ran it like shit (took about 5 minutes to load the map :) )

As far an being non futuristic, its abit more realistic than vietcong, theres bullet dynamics, no crosshair or real hud (so you gotta count how many shots you fire) and the bolt action rifle system is cool.

I think its biggest problem was player numbers, during the trial periods many servers were loaded with players, but the i dont think theres half as many players not during trial period.

Id buy it if i had a means to buy it over the internet though. Lotsa fun, tho getting your gun shot out of your hands and having to pick up all the individual clips you dropped is a pain in the ass (if you lived).

anyway thats enough typing. my fingers hurt now ;(

Chuc

HSC
This is a must for any realism gamer, and its accuracy and dynamic nature of the tank combat is one to be reckoned with.

neafoo

HSC
Chuc said:
This is a must for any realism gamer, and its accuracy and dynamic nature of the tank combat is one to be reckoned with.
lol the tanks baffled me at first... if you put your tank on an angle to theirs it seemed to deflect their shot. Weakspots on the tanks remained unknown to me too so i ended up just aiming for whatever. I once shot a tank in the front and had the shot bounce back right at me :(

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Okay, I'll get it next weekend.. hopefully there will be an open road of no assessments then.

And do they speak in russian/german or they speak in english with russian/german accent? I'm talking about the common voice chats.

Chuc

HSC
For accuracy, both sides speak their respective languages. I guess its not too alienating, and you eventually get used to it.

Oh, and if you have BF2, I strongly suggest you download Project Reality. Its kinda like a poor-man's Armed Assault.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
$24.93 AUD, paid through paypal.

Quite a nice game, a feature they have is when on a still water pond, your movements would create ripples & waves on the water that bounce around naturally.

I couldn't find a populated australian server but maybe that was because I tried to play it at 8am this morning. Yeh, the biggest problem I had was identifying friend from foe, on some maps germans & soviets are both wearing green except for a subtle difference.

It works fine on my widescreen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)