Reference to critical interpretations (1 Viewer)

QZP

HSC
I've been reading some exemplar responses and noticed that not many people include critical interpretations in their essay response. Why is this? Part of the rubric says to critically consider the perspectives of others and I thought it'd be smart to explore these perspectives in your essays. Shed some light please

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
You don't have to if you don't want to.

Personally; I did speeches for mod B and I included what the TIME said about sadat and how keating influenced the nation and all but that was only to really get more word

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
You don't have to if you don't want to.

Personally; I did speeches for mod B and I included what the TIME said about sadat and how keating influenced the nation and all but that was only to really get more word
I don't even remember what I wrote tbh

Something similar probs. I did Suu kyi and Sadat

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Mod B is about your personal response. You can always read stuff of critics so your approach and interpretations to the text has more depth, but it isn't a necessity to include it.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Critically consider does not mean you have to automatically include critics response, furthermore, reading other people's perspectives allows you to formulate your own, it doesn't replace your own interpretation of the text. Furthermore, it is only really necessary to include critics quotes in the situation the question specifically requires it, otherwise, you risk wasting words that don't directly answer the question. Remember, a literary analysis, or a particular reading of the speech is not the critical point to getting good marks, it is selectively analysing the speech in an insightful manner, answering the question as firmly as possible that is going to get you the marks:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)