Referencing interviews? (1 Viewer)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this - sorry if it's a dumb question. I'm writing an esay for CUL, and I want to quote something said in an interview by the subject/interviewee/etc. Does anyone know how this is cited in-text or referenced later?

Thanks, any help would be muchly appreciated.
Claire

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

I think the thing about referencing is that as long as you keep it consistent and logical, you're fine.

For footnoting, I would go for:

Interview between myself and <interviewee>, <location of interview>, <date>.
If you wanted to, you could reference the page of your notes, and be more formal by not referring to yourself in the first person, so for example:

C.P. Jeeves, Interview with J.S. Smith, Macquarie University, 11.11.06, p. 6 of notes. Notes on file.
Or something.

If you're doing in-text, I'd probably make yourself the author, the date, and then the page of notes:

(Jeeves 2006: 21)
(or whatever your style is.)

Then for the biblio:

Jeeves, C.P., Interview with J.S. Smith, Macquarie University, 11.11.06, p. 6 of notes. Notes on file.
I wouldn't italicise or put anything in quotation marks, ie, not 'Interview with J.S. Smith', or Interview with J.S. Smith, because it's just a description of what happened, if that makes sense?

Last edited by a moderator:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rob: The walking reference book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)