• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Referencing (1 Viewer)

happyness

HSC
When copying directly from a source, if you put the information in inverted commas do you just add the source to the bibliography? I usually just footnote my information, but yeah... I was just wondering.

bored of sc

HSC
I'm not exactly sure but I thought if it was a direct quote you put the reference straight after it in brackets.

agua.fuego

HSC
Put the reference in brackets after the quote. Footnoting is much easier, but for reasons I don't know, teachers enjoy making us reference in brackets, so even though it is a direct quote, you've still got to put its source in brackets.

selablad

HSC
happyness said:
When copying directly from a source, if you put the information in inverted commas do you just add the source to the bibliography? I usually just footnote my information, but yeah... I was just wondering.
I thought it was like a normal quote - ie "blah blah blah" (Jones, 1937) and then in the bibliography: Jones, R 1937, [source details]?

agua.fuego

HSC
selablad said:
I thought it was like a normal quote - ie "blah blah blah" (Jones, 1937) and then in the bibliography: Jones, R 1937, [source details]?
Yeah. That's what I meant. Not the whole website or book or whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)