Refering to Texts (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
In terms of poetry and the HSC exam, am i supposed to use a piece of poetry and then talk about two different readings infered, or am i supposed to talk about 3 different readings on three different poems?

*Pooja*

kimmeh, i think u should do whatever suits your style of writing. wichever way u write, discuss the main ideas of the poetry with your readings. include your readings and iscuss it in relation to your poems. some readigns can apply to more than one poem, but whether or not you choose to discuss the reading in relation to the other poem is really your choice. its just how u want to write your essay or whatever.

so yeah...is that what you were asking?

clerisy

HSC
I've asked some people and gotten many confused answers.

I don't know. I think personally it would be best to provide more than one reading of each poem but-- should you do the same readings for both/all poems (thereby showing your awareness of the common ideas behind poems, not treating them each as individual entities) or different readings, thereby doing at least four (and thereby showing how varied you are-- and that you know that there are more than just two readings)???

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
what poems r u doing?
it does depend on ur writing style i guess, but remember, the markers r realy lookn 4 depth of knowledge rather than just width, so i dont think that doin 3 poems and one readin of each poem is a good idea. better off doin less poems and showing the variety of meaning that is able to be extracted from the same piece andhow those readings reflect their context etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)