Refworks (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I know everyone hates referencing, but today our lecturer told us about this program in the library that does our reference list for us, all you have to do is put in something and it searches through the database and does all the hard work for you. I haven't played with it yet, so I don't know much about it, but heres a link.

http://library.uws.edu.au/refworks.phtml

L

LaraB

People - don't just go using this for all your asisgnments because it may be wrong.

Eg - Law - you MUST follow Stumchke - which will probably not be on there... Business you generally use Harvard, however, there are School Writing GUides which specify how in particular they want it done...

Compliance with School Writing guidelines is part of pretty much all assignments and it largely refers to referencing so unless you haven't been given any guidelines, you shouldn't use generic things like this...

its good if you don't have any guidelines and they just say "reference your research" but you should ALWAYS follow your school's guidelines because you can lose anywhere from 5%-20% for failing to reference properly

j_davo24

HSC
Easier just to type it up in my opinion. The only time it gets confusing is if you have to use all different types for different units. Even then you really should learn how to do them all.

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
I looked at that program when I first started, it looked confusing and way easier just to type them up yourself, I mean all you have to do is make note of where you got stuff from, and write it in the right way. I reccomend you get a referencing guide if your worried, the communication skills handbook is the one for management and assignment stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)