Regarding B econ, time table (1 Viewer)

Chelseafc65

HSC
I'll be starting BEc this semester and i currently decided to enroll in:
ACCT1501 - Accounting and Financial Management 1A
ECON1101 - Microeconomics 1
ECON1102 - Macroeconomics 1
ECON1202 - Quantitative Methods A

Is that a good selection? Basically 4 core courses so i try everything, since i am doing full time, 4 course per semesters would give me just enough credits to graduate in 3 years?

However, i am not very good at maths so would it be wise to replace QMA with another course and study a bit more maths in my free time in prep for QMA in semester 2? Any comment on the maths bridging course?

Also, after i enrolled into my courses, i notice some of the lectures/tutes begin right after another one. Looking at the map of UNSW, the locations seems pretty far (Say from Mathews theatre to Keith Burrows theatre). It is better to have everything separated with at least an hour gap because i don't want to HAVE to be late all the time, if this is the case.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
HSC
ECON1102 has ECON1101 as a prerequisite, wouldn't you have to do it next Semester?

Chelseafc65

HSC
thanks for pointing that out, does that mean i cannot do it at the same time? So econ 1102 next semester?
Would i pick an econ course since i plan to major in econ? Do i have to indicate anywhere that i will major in econ?

Sorry but this is all new to me and i have no idea this has to be done now.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
You can pick a random subject from a different faculty (and then transfer it under general education if you're doing a single degree after your first year, but do ask the faculty before hand just in case) or a random business subject as a random business elective.

And no, you don't have to know your major(s) in your first year as you'll be mostly doing core subjects. While at the subject of majors, why not try some other first year subjects and see how you like them? And you might end up doing a double major in it along with economics because you might like it? Or you can decide to ditch it because it's not as good as you expected? :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)