Regarding early UAIs... (2 Viewers)

Eeko

Banned
Originally posted by rukawasan
alrite... im not tellin my uai til 2moro... but ill let this slip even tho it mite rouse some controversy n ill will...
the uai's are harsher this yr... ie. the same marks last yr would only get u a lower mark this yr...
i'd agree in ur case

but if my uai is REAL... then i'd say it's more lenient this yr

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
Originally posted by Eeko
i know wat ruka got

wonder if he's satisfied
yups... im satisfied... i was having major misgivings bt my uai coupla days ago... now its substantially better than that... im in2 the course i want... so all's cooooooooolies.... lol... but imagine how weird the situation is.. i just happened 2 b on bos at 1am in teh morning... i just happened 2 b browsing thsi forum... i jsut happned 2 b one of the earliest 2 access my uai... weiiiiird

Huy

HSC
N/A
ruka: I have a friend who is really disappointed, she has 'excellent' marks (in my opinion, but they're not 97+ or anything).

I don't know her UAI, but she wouldn't tell me (it was probably that bad...)

I really don't to see my UAI, and find out that I had "better" marks, when compared to last year's HSC. The complete opposite could be true, too.

Eeko

Banned
hey i'm in china... currently sub zero temperature... also happened to find out my uai

weirder......

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
ruka: I have a friend who is really disappointed, she has 'excellent' marks (in my opinion, but they're not 97+ or anything).

I don't know her UAI, but she wouldn't tell me (it was probably that bad...)

I really don't to see my UAI, and find out that I had "better" marks, when compared to last year's HSC. The complete opposite could be true, too.
you will have 'better' marks corresponding to a lower uai.. everyone was higher this year

Huy

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I know.

Which is why I won't be impressed, to see low marks, corresponding to an even lower UAI. :(

Huy

HSC
N/A
sonic: *shakes head*

I'm going on irc (austnet, #hsc)

Maybe I can talk to someone from BOS.

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
there are more all-rounders than last yr... which means hsc marks are generally higher than last yrs... but it also means uai's are lower this yr cos its rank based... dos that make sense?

Eeko

Banned
there are more all-rounders than last yr... which means hsc marks are generally higher than last yrs... but it also means uai's are lower this yr cos its rank based... dos that make sense?
no pls clerify

Huy

HSC
N/A
Makes sense to me ruka.

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
alrite... this is wot i figure... this yr is the third yr of teh new hsc... which means in terms of resources this yr's candidature has had better access than any of the last 2 yrs... also have learned n improved on the mistakes of the first 2 yrs... plus all teh hype bt hsc these couppla yrs... everyone taking it more seriously... so it follows than that the hsc marks are better than last 2 yrs...

however uai is a rank instead of a mark... so wot happens is that they calculate the scaled aggregate of ur hsc marks... then they take the first 20 or so n give them 100... than the next 40... n give them 99.95... n next 40 or so 99.90 n so on...

so if u had a set of hsc marks in 2002 that will get u an uai of x then 2003 u'll get an uai lower than x... dos that makes sense?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
eh, so was laz's PM any good?

and rukawasan, that really sucks

TastesGoodBut

of course they are gonna be lower thn other years
firstly - slightly more candidature each
secondly - ppl are working a million times harder (which is why there are now complaints and enquiries into the stress it causes etc)
thirdly - pigs was sitting his HSC this year

WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU NEED

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
the uai's are harsher this yr... ie. the same marks last yr would only get u a lower mark this yr...
uuughhh :( i dont even want to know what im getting now. yesterday i was feeling great about my marks, but i knew this would happen... you saying this confirms my worst fear :(

Huy

HSC
N/A
But... you're an all rounder? :confused:

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
lol... im just speculating frm the few uai's i noe already frm ppl who found out last nite (incl. myself)... but hey... just speculation

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
damn, I came on early to see some UAI's! not ppl saying "ill tell u tmw"

:p

but I hope u guys are satisfied, n it has got u into what u want to do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)