Regarding medicine/dentistry offers from various institutions (UAC, QTAC, VTAC etc) (1 Viewer)

loveallaround

HSC
Hi knowledgeable people in BoS, there seems to be this confusion amongst some hopeful med/dent students which I think need clearing out because I myself is pretty confused also.

1. If you applied for medicine and dentistry from the same uni, would you get both offers for the course (provided you pass the inteterview and rank high enough for both) or just the one that is highest priority?

2. If you have applied to various universities, IF you rank highly enough all the unis, would you get all of the offers or just one that is highest in your priority settings? For eg, for UAC if you applied for UNSW and UNCLE, and UNSW is higher on the priority list, would you just get the UNSW offer or both?

Thanks

A1P

HSC
Re: Regarding medicine/dentistry offers from various institutions (UAC, QTAC, VTAC et

As I understand the offer comes thru UAC VTAC so you get one offer per state, the highest on your pref list that you succeed for.

iStudent

HSC
Re: Regarding medicine/dentistry offers from various institutions (UAC, QTAC, VTAC et

1. You would only get the one that is highest priority. However it's possible, say in a scenario where you get into dent 1st round (and this was 2nd priority) but not med. You can then be open to having a med offer 2nd round. Hence, in a sense receive both offers :) (something similar happened to me at Uadel).

2. Within UAC itself, you'd only get UNSW. However, if you also applied to UQ via QTAC and Monash via VTAC (and you ranked high enough), you'd receive offers from UNSW, UQ and Monash. 1 offer per state as A1P mentioned above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)