Regarding offers (1 Viewer)

Seventeen

HSC
Hey everyone. I was just wondering- if you accept a main round offer, does that mean you're definitely in the course? (provided you don't change your mind)

Also, say you accept a main round offer, can you still decline it later and accept a final round offer?

Thanks very much in advance.

trevhk

HSC
N/A
Yeah you can. I called UAC on this a while back. They said that if you accepted your main round offer, and you received another offer then you'd be able to withdrawl from your current offer and accept the new one. However, you will only get an offer in the later round, IF, the offer made in the main round had been at a uni which was not your first preference. If you accept an offer in th emain round which is your first preference then you are made obsolete in the system and taken out of the rounds.
Hope that helps!

Seventeen

HSC
Yeah, that certainly clears everything up :D I have all my preferences at the same uni. So I guess that means I shouldn't accept now if I want to see what late round offers I get.

Thanks a bunch!

trevhk

HSC
N/A
Huh? No, dude, accept your offer. Just make sure it's not your first preference. You run the risk of not receiving any offers from any of the preferences you made at all, since there may be no vacancies in the later round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)