Regarding UOW Acceptance (1 Viewer)

equiski

HSC
Hey Guys,
I was accepted for early entry into a course at UOW which was my first choice (Medical Radiation Physics BTW). I received a phone call in december, where I was congratulated on getting into the university. I was wondering when i would receive mail regarding my entrance into UOW. Has anyone received correspondance?

Cheers.

Rhys

Ninga

HSC
I think you recieve an offer when the main round of offers comes out. I had early entry to medical radiation physics too back in...2002, and i recieved an offer when UAC released their offers, though mine was a late round offer. So, you'll have to wait for offers to come out, thats if they haven't come out already. Don't fret too much dude...

equiski

HSC
Oh, ok. I wasn't sure if it was part of an early offers round or something. Also, I don't know when the main round is, as i never read the HSC booklet :D.

Thanks for your help.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
why are there so many people doing medical rdiation physics? is it a UOW only course?

cause i hear alot about it during physics lectures.

Ninga

HSC
Theres not that many people, 6 in my year going into honours now. I hear enrolments have increased since my year though, like i think they got between 20 - 30 last year. But thats rough estimate and off the top of my head. I heard the actual number early last year but i cant remember now.

Why do it? Its an awesome degree. And cos I do it. Theres the 2 main reasons. Others may include....i dunno actually. But its supposedly a good degree. Thats all i know.

equiski

HSC
From what I have gathered, the Medical Radiation Physics course is unique to UOW. It has a more Physics bent to it compared to Medical Radiation Science, which is offered at a few universities. The course outline looks sososoososo awesome.

Edit: All the students I have talked to who are doing it think its really fantastic (Edit 2: EXCEPT for Ninga),

Last edited:

Ninga

HSC
Dude, they all get paid to say that. Jeez, I thought all you guys would have known that by now. Uniadvice student reps get paid like $15 an hour if i remember correctly. Might be more now.

But it is pretty good. I dont know about fantastic. Talk to me at the end of this year and i'll be able to give a concrete opinion on it all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)