Regards to Suspensions and Fines (1 Viewer)

-allen23-

HSC
Hey guys. I've been issued a fine on the 23rd of May for driving without a supervisor. The fine is a large amount of money and so I've negotiated to pay the fine off weekly. I was told that I am suspended for three months. Though i have not received the notification about the suspension. I've been told by mates and family friends that the suspension doesnt begin until i have paid off the fine...

Is this true? Anybody have any clues?

Thanks in advance

quik.

HSC
Were you sentenced by a court?

If not, the suspension begins from the date you receive the notice/hand in your licence afaik

Ring the RTA to make sure

-allen23-

HSC
Well what was even more stupid was that i was eligible for my Provisional license 2 weeks later...
The cops pulled me over because i had a warning for driving on my Ls... thats even worse.... I ALREADY HAD A WARNING... But what can I do now... Anyways does anybody have any sources to prove that you are suspended on the day...? My friends have had fines though got suspended after hes paid for it??

Reason i was driving on my Ls was cause i was practicing for Manual... And its heaps more fun that your mums not in the passenger seat tell you to slow down or that your too close to the kerb when your not...

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
lol what the fuck you can get your l's suspended? good effort bro. They should send you advice in the mail.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
My understanding was that it's not a license in the sense of an unrestricted or provisional one, rather a permit. Anything you do wrong rests on the shoulders of the supervisor. I can appreciate the context of your situation and not having one, which is why I presume the financial penalty was so heavy. A guy from my school was done for the same thing, he got no suspension, just a massive fine (driving without l plates, driving unsupervised and obstructing emergency vehicle, for a 1st prize of $1077). Didn't even lose points (not that they have any?).

Things may have changed, so yeah. They'll definitely send you a notice of suspension in the mail. Who told you had one anyway? If it was the cop that booked you, I'd have a poke around the RTA site/call the RTA, theres always the chance that he was trying to scare you.

EDIT: I'm way off. Automatic 3 months off, should call RTa. Disqualification and suspension notices come in the mail, don't see why it would be different for you.

Last edited:

-allen23-

HSC
My understanding was that it's not a license in the sense of an unrestricted or provisional one, rather a permit. Anything you do wrong rests on the shoulders of the supervisor. I can appreciate the context of your situation and not having one, which is why I presume the financial penalty was so heavy. A guy from my school was done for the same thing, he got no suspension, just a massive fine (driving without l plates, driving unsupervised and obstructing emergency vehicle, for a 1st prize of $1077). Didn't even lose points (not that they have any?).

Things may have changed, so yeah. They'll definitely send you a notice of suspension in the mail. Who told you had one anyway? If it was the cop that booked you, I'd have a poke around the RTA site/call the RTA, theres always the chance that he was trying to scare you.

EDIT: I'm way off. Automatic 3 months off, should call RTa. Disqualification and suspension notices come in the mail, don't see why it would be different for you.
oh okay cool cool appreciated... My friend who was pretty much doing the same thing got caught on the same day... it was a relief as i wasnt the only one... He was also told that he was suspended for a period of three months... The undercover policeman told me I was off the road for 3-6 months... but i asked a few guys and i was told 3 months was the consequence... I just wanted to make sure... I still havnt been notified via mail and have been too lazy to ask the RTA by phone... I'll try asking this weekend or within the next few days

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)