Regional Entry Test (1 Viewer)

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Yeah, just UNSW. *fingers crossed* :)

My parents hate the idea of me leaving home. I have yet to convince them.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Hey that's even worse that you didn't take the test, because you'll have to take it again, won't you? ie. if you had been able to do it this year, your scores would have been valid next year too, but under the circumstances... :(

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
well good luck with UNSW cause i heard that da criteria was u needed UAI of at least 95 but u think it is more closer 2 98 or 99 cuase lots of people r appying and a good interview wif lots of good bullsiting (things that they need 2 hear)

i think its good in a way that i have 2 do it next yr cause than i will see if i really want 2 do it or not

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
yeah, that's true too. I can understand it, not being one of those freaky people who have "always wanted to do med". What is with that, anyway?

thankyou, and best of luck to you too. :)

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
i think those people r a combination of parents pressure and da prestige of da course
but i find those freaky people study so much like 24/7 and if they don't make it i think they commit suicide.

did u get invited 2 da UNSW interview yet ??

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Yeah, I got in on my UMAT results, I think. I did the interview during last school holidays.

Prestige is such a flimsy thing. On the surface, doctors get prestige due to their 'role' in society. In reality, crusty and boring executive businesspeople get treated much better, work much less, and often get paid more.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
yeah thats so true business people get paid more than doctors also they work less hrs and they don't have da added stress of saving someones lives all they do is sit in a nice office wif a receptionst bringing u coffee when u want and a nice air cond in there don't know y ppl don't chose buss instead of med.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Yeah, although personally I could never work in business myself. I guess some of the people who want to do med generally have a passion for it. I just feel sorry for those who do, and can't get in. Even though UNSW lowered their cutoffs, there are still going to be many who are disappointed, and probably some of those people would've made better doctors.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
the ppl that don't get in usually fail at da interview stage cause of there response 2 da question being ask.

i think da government should have medicine at every uni same as Law instead of onli 1 or 2 uni in each state so that way ppl have better chances of becoming doctors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)