• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

reign of terror v the boxer rebellion (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
i am in year 11 doing modern history and i have bin givin an asignment, on which i have to present a poweroint on. and i am curious to which topic i should choose, at the moment i am looking at the reighn of terror and the boxer rebellion. i am open to any new suggestions or advise from other modern students, thanks.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
If European is your cup of tea, then go for it. The Reign of Terror's pretty fascinating - ranging from the rise of the Jacobins to the role of Robespierre to the execution of political dissidents by the guillotine, you'll have a lot of access to the information. Mind you though, if you do want to do something thats different and from another part of the world, go for the Boxer Rebellion.

Other topics that you could consider include the Russian Revolution, Bismarck and Prussia, the rise of Japan, Scandinavia, terrorism etc.

lilaussieman

HSC
i think you should do the spanish revolution its much more interesting

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Depends on your personal perspective. For me, I'd prefer the Civil War over the revolution, just because the events and course of the war are pretty much interesting, and you get to see the conflict between ideologies and interests spread out over a period of time. And you've also got Mussolini's and Hitler's intervention for Franco within the war as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)