REJECTION from Uni picker pplez (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hi.....

i do
business studies
advanced english
economics
ipt
GENERAL maths

if i get the UAI for a particular course but i need 2 unit maths......
will the universities look at me and go....... okay she's got the UAI but she doesn't have 2 unit maths ..... REJECT HER!

do they do that? or is enter into the course purely just UAI?

Soul

New Title...
1. Ask Lazarus
2. No, they only ask for your UAI. The maths, the sciences, are highly recommended for those subjects in which it would obviously be relevant to the course such as med or sci degree or whatever. (Further, it does not matter as you can do a 'catch-up' units beforehand) You're being confused by the echoes of the old system where before, degrees required prerequisite HSC courses.

Hope this helps :)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
If a degree requires an HSC course you haven't done, they'll just let you struggle instead of rejecting you. :) Generally, bridging courses and so on are provided to help you along.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Some courses that assume a certain level of maths even let you defer that subject in first semester and let you do a different program that builds the necessary foundation of maths, which is good if u are prepared to prolong your degree or catchup during the summer

lol@let u struggle thats d best way 2 put it

ye i had d same problem i had an offer for civil emgineering last year but did general so i figured that i suked at maths and changed my career pathways by selecting business

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)