Related Material for Image (1 Viewer)

rat

Hey All

What have you chosen for your related material for ' Image ' ?

We have studies ' Strictly Ballroom '.

Thanks for your help :)

kckeven

Try the poem "Hero" by Mick Gower. It is based on themes of competition. Have you got any that i could use?

rat

Thanks !

No idea really. Image is where I am stuck.

Might use the Aussie movie 'The Castle'. Themes of 'Big' people versus 'Little'. Family versus Government in the Castle and in SB Fran versus Scott's family etc ..

Anyone else got more ideas.

k8

i have got muriels wedding, 'the kiss outside the town hall' a photograph by robert doisneu and ummm i cant think of it.... hmm thats a worry, oh yeah 'singin in the rain' that old 1950's musical

SuperNova

this thing is getting a little frastrating
additional texts for everything
this is crazy
i do SB too

Sarah J

HSC
I'm using a travel brochure and the song "Gangsta's Paradise". When I used that song for the trials, it was so annoying because my teacher kept correcting the spelling. :mad1:

rat

k8 - can you turn on your private messaging please ?

Gangsta's Paradise ? Related to Strictly Ballroom ? How so ?

Thanks everyone

CorkDagga

for image on film id do either The Truman Show (if u didnt study it that is) EDtv or Pleasentville

Sarah J

HSC
well, I'm not doing Strictly Ballroom, I'm doing the Truman Show. But the image texts don't have to relate. All they have to do is portray a vivid image, and you have to talk about how the image is presented. So basically you can choose anything.

And I wouldn't use the Truman show as a supplementary text- you can't use something that has been set for study in any of the english hsc courses.

school-spew

i'm not sure if you should use a related text that is already prescribed for the same module. i am using a famous picture of the girl running away from napalm during the vietnam war.... but you could basically use most movies... and american beauty... we;re alsoi studying truman show at school (god i'm sick of jim carrey!)

Ely

....and also i wouldn't use moulin rouge if you did stricty balroom either, because they are both directed by baz luhrmann, and by using the same, it shows that you haven't really put in any effort to find anything else.

KiZZoR

hey everyone. I'm doing moulin rouge for an essay on image. Anyone know of a relevant site in which i could use? I have information on image in M.R, but i'm seeking some additional information that i could use.

Thanks.

the vogenator

HSC
1234567 said:
how about moulin rough!?
i thought that's a good related material.....
we got advised not to use that as Baz Luhrmann used very similar techniques within both films' structure
i'm doing Pirates Of The Caribbean 1

autumbabe1991

HSC
vogenator... your like 5 years late....

but... moulin rogue probably because it is easy to relate to and has similar themes and issues...

have u tried deconstructing and appling Edvard Munchs' 'The Scream' to the topic?

and how are u able to relate pirates of the caribbean to the over exaggerated irritating and fakeness of strictly ballroom?

Celestial Kitty

HSC
SuperNova said:
this thing is getting a little frastrating
additional texts for everything
this is crazy
i do SB too
I know what you mean its silly really because some additional material would be more effective than others and its really down to personal judgement.
you can chose whatever you like youve just gotta be able to back it up.
Im doing strictly ballroom but dont have an additional text
anyone got nay good ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)