Related material for Ted Huges' poems (1 Viewer)

edd91

HSC
Would one of sylvia's poems be a good supp. material? eg. the one where she describes her version of the horse incident? What's another good one?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
we did ted hughes, and we were given about half a dozen of plaths poems that countered hughes' claims, worked well.

edd91

HSC
Ok cool, do you have any favourite ones of hers?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
umm...i cant really remember them, lol.
i think we used the one about the horse incident, another one i *think* it was 'red' or something like that when she thought the roses were attacking her...umm not too sure about the others
sorry i cant be of more help :D

edd91

HSC
Ok cool, I think I'll do her version of the horse incident, the movie Sylvia, and one other just incase, anyone got suggestions for the one other

need2party

HSC
hey guys
i have to use one of ted huges texts for related material in english and i am interested in doing 'the thought fox', does anyone have any details on when it was written published etc?? anything would help
thanks!:read:

hahn.kara

HSC
We were told in class NOT to do one of Plath's poems...
It's not only about the two sides of the story whole idea, but also the idea of truth itself as a subjective construct. Another Plath poem - such as the one corresponding to Hughes's 'Sam' - only shows Plath's side of the story, whether they match or not, i don't know, but that's beside the point. Plath's poem only shows her perspective, it doesn't really give the reader more info about the truth itself and telling it. Not just in the case of the Hughes-Plath relationship.
I hope I made sense! It's hard to explain it... this whole stupid topic is hard to explain! ah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)