Related material for "The Crucible"? :) (1 Viewer)

Maddi295

HSC
Can anyone give me any ideas for relateed material for "The Crucible"?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

maryroser

HSC
Hi I did the Crucible for the 2011 HSC, and ended up with 91 in advanced english. Here are some ideas

- The Kite Runner (novel or film): related concepts include belonging to oneself, belonging to a relationship, belonging to a context, belonging has a price, belonging to religion/ethnicity

- Chocolat (film): Belonging to a community, belonging to a religion (can't think of anymore of the top of my head but it is very good and relates well to The crucible. i didn't use it)

- A World that stands as one (Obama's Speech): belonging to history, belonging to a time, belonging to a context, belonging to an identity, belonging has a price

- Mozart and the Whale (film) - i'm pretty sure that's what it's called, i haven't seen it a friend used it and the teacher said it was probably one of the best texts to use

The following are ones that i have not analysed but which are meant to be good for belonging. I'm not sure how relevant they are to the Crucible, you would have to do your research.

- Australia (film)
- The Book theif (book)
- My sister's Keeper (book) - a know that someone used this with the Crucible
- Into the Wild (film or book) - this was also used with the crucible
- Apology to the Stolen generation (speech) - recommended by my teacher for the Crucible
- 1984 (book) or Animal Farm (book) or any George Orwell Book - very good, able to rlate the didactic intent of the composer with that of Miller in the Crucible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)