related text for journeys (1 Viewer)

FancyPenguin

HSC
I'm struggling to find a good related text for journeys which can't be a book and many of the poems which 've wanted to do have already been taken by my classmates. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

astroman

HSC
http://community.boredofstudies.org/6/english-standard/320544/related-texts-theme-journey.html

"Journeys" used to be the Area of Study before Belonging, so there are lots of suggestions on the net or in past study guides. It's not the text so much, as what you do with it. if you like films,there are plenty like "The Motorcycle Diaries", "Rabbit Proof Fence", "Back to the Future" and "Bran Nue Day". Poems are easy to access and there are many about journeys, like "Bullocky" by Judith Wright, "Then and Now" by Oodgeroo Noonuccal, "Daffodils" by William Wordsworth and "Homecoming" by Bruce Dawe. Some of those journeys are happy ones and some are not! Many documentaries have been made about travelling and finding new experiences, such as "Family Footsteps" and "Who Do You Think You Are?" If you have Foxtel, there are whole channels devoted to tavel and adventure, but, even if you don't, there are several programmes-often on SBS or the ABC about journeys. Some songs that were often used in past HSC's included Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car", the Beatles "She's Leaving Home", Redgum's "I Was Only 19" and Cat Stevens' "Father and Son."
Sometimes a journey can be physical or sometimes it can be in the mind. The best texts are probably ones which combine these two-that is, someone goes on a physical journey but learns something about themselves and the world on the way. Articles on refugees or migrants moving to Australia often have these. Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)