!!! related text for merchant of venice (1 Viewer)

nndi

HSC
hey i need help finding a text that shows/explores the complexity of human emotions, and also has multifaceted characters like shylock in it...I was going to do Little Women however i don't think it aligns well with MOV

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Here is a list of related material to The Merchant of Venice that you should consider:

Araby - A short story by James Joyce:

Araby is about a young boy in Ireland obsessed with the girl living across the street. When the young girl mentions how badly she wants to attend a certain bazaar, he sees an opportunity to win her heart by attending the bazaar himself and bringing her back a gift.

In the Penal Colony - A short story by Franz Kafka:

This short story encompasses a traveller in a penal colony who witnesses a complex torture and execution machine that writes in the flesh of prisoners with needles, before letting them die.

Strange Fruit - A song by Billie Holiday:

This song protests the lynching of Black Americans with lyrics that compare the victims to the fruit of trees.

The Pianist - A film by Roman Polanski:

A Polish Jewish radio station pianist sees Warsaw change gradually as World War II begins. Szpilman is forced into the Warsaw Ghetto, but is later separated from his family during Operation Reinhard. From this time until the concentration camp prisoners are released, Szpilman hides in various locations among the ruins of Warsaw.

Jasper Jones - A novel by Craig Silvey:

The protagonist Charlie Bucktin is a quiet, book loving, 13-year-old boy who lives in the fictitious rural town of Corrigan, Western Australia. On a summer evening in 1965, Charlie receives an unexpected visit from 14-year-old Jasper Jones, who is excluded by the Corrigan locals because of his Aboriginal heritage and rebellious lifestyle, and who is a source of distant intrigue for Charlie.

I hope this helps! 😄

cassicowfan

HSC
fraser annings maiden speech is rlly short and good for discrimination themes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)