• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Related text restrictions (2 Viewers)

mrpotatoed

HSC
For my related text I want to use a text that is also used in 'The Art of Travel' (mod C text). Is this ok? 'The Art of Travel' makes extensive intertextual references, and just want to make sure it is ok to use a related text that features heavily in another core text.

teridax

HSC
N/A
i wouldn't recommend it because if you use a prescribed texts as a related, the marker will think you're lazy as you haven't gone into the effort of finding your own related text

it's heavily stigmatised in the marking centre when those sorts of things occur

FlameLash

HSC
If it's only an intertextual reference then I don't think it would be much of an issue.

mrpotatoed

HSC
i wouldn't recommend it because if you use a prescribed texts as a related, the marker will think you're lazy as you haven't gone into the effort of finding your own related text

it's heavily stigmatised in the marking centre when those sorts of things occur
It is not a prescribed text is it? I want to use one of the paintings that features in the book. Or does anything that appears in the book (eg, Van Gogh's paintings) automatically put it on the prescribed list as it appears in a prescribed text?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
It is not a prescribed text is it? I want to use one of the paintings that features in the book. Or does anything that appears in the book (eg, Van Gogh's paintings) automatically put it on the prescribed list as it appears in a prescribed text?
You should be fine to use something such as Van Gogh's paintings if it appears in a prescribed text.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Using a related text that is a prescribed text from another module/area of study gives the marker the impression that you haven't done your research and analysis on your own, as they may assume that you did Art of Travel in Module C or have gotten notes off a friend doing it.

If you're desperate or running out of time then by all means, go ahead and use it

Good Luck :D

mrpotatoed

HSC
Using a related text that is a prescribed text from another module/area of study gives the marker the impression that you haven't done your research and analysis on your own, as they may assume that you did Art of Travel in Module C or have gotten notes off a friend doing it.

If you're desperate or running out of time then by all means, go ahead and use it

Good Luck :D
I'm not doing a prescribed text, (or im pretty sure im not, as I don't think anyone has paintings as core texts?). Just wanted to double check to be 100% safe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)