Related Text Suggestions needed, my trial exam is monday :(!!!! (1 Viewer)

Be Strong

HSC
Has anyone got any suggestions for a movie or song i may be able to use as a related text for physical journey....so far i've got my core text (immigrant chronicle), the stimulus booklet texts and where the heart is (the movie). WTHI is my own related text but i need two of my own by monday....argh....please help....

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
You should already have related text from when you actually studied this earlier on in the year. o_O

Be Strong

HSC
yeah i do...the film where the heart is but i now need two instead of one....(in our half yearlies we only needed one journey related text but now in our trials we've bn told we need two)?!?! lol ill just be glad when school is over hehe

beentherdunthat

HSC
:wave: The poem "Ulysses" by Alfred Lord Tennyson... REALLY GOOD, lots of metaphors, similies, and other techniques that are EASY to pick up on the notion of journeys. I wish I could get you my notes on them, but I have to type them up, and I have my ext.1 and ext.2 maths trials this week...

But I could help you pick up the important phrases, and suggest how you can relate them to the notion of journeys. :)

M.S.W

HSC
Thank you so much for starting a thread about the related texts. Some of these suggestions are perfect!

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lol I was trying to find the Related Text topic. Looks like it was either scrapped or moved.

Anyways for my HSC I used: 7 Years in Tibet (Brad Pitt) Awesome movie, and its a plus for Physical or Inner Journeys. The quotes are extremely useful.

Another good movie would be:
Reign Over Me (2007)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0490204/

If you have time after your Trial HSC, have a watch of this movie, lots of good quotes and events.

chicken1989

HSC
Try Peter Pan the disney movie, or Peter and Wendy the novel. it deals with physical journeys but also Wendy's inner journey when she returns home in comparison to Peters lack of one- staying in neverland. its really easy to do if your short on time just wtch the movie beside most people know the plot pretty weel and you can write about techniques and themes pretty easy
hope this helped xxx:wave:

Arsenic

Rogue Assassin
HSC
I don't really have any suggestions, but I know that you should have a variety prepared, at least 3.

Luck.

joannee--

HSC
The poem "Ulysses" by Alfred Lord Tennyson... REALLY GOOD, lots of metaphors, similies, and other techniques that are EASY to pick up on the notion of journeys.

Can somebdoy please help with this poem,, analytical notes would be great help in relation to physical journey..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)