Related Text - "Transitions" (Essay Help) (1 Viewer)

kwulf

HSC
Hello all, in english (standard) we are doing transitions. Our prescribed text is "Tom Brennan" and i have chosen the movie "American History X" as they both have character transitions. I need some help with the essay side, not sure about a solid thesis i can use and how should i start the essay?

Hkaur_

HSC
I'm doing the same prescribed text, I focused on how transitions can be challenging, you can maybe start off like this; "Transitions can be challenging and require some reflection to fully accept and acknowledge the change, especially when they are permanent."

madsie1812

HSC
I am also doing 'Tom Brennan', it depends on what your related is about. But for my essays on 'Tom Brennan' I focused on how he must accept his part in order to move forward / mental progressions are limited to your ability to accept them. But you could also talk about how 'difficult situations inspire change' or something along those lines. The teachers resource on the 'Random house' website is really helpful with techniques and quotes and stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)