Related Text (1 Viewer)

Xanthi

HSC
Hi,

Apparently there is an implicit assumption that NESA will not examine the related text, even though it is in the syllabus statement.

Does anyone have any confirmation of this directly from NESA source, or is this just something that is widely accepted?

erucibon

HSC
N/A
what do you mean the related text, as in the one you study for common module like merchant of venice or 1984

erucibon

HSC
N/A
There's no official statement saying half of one paper will be removed so it is definitely still in the exam, as it has always been.

Xanthi

HSC
There's no official statement saying half of one paper will be removed so it is definitely still in the exam, as it has always been.
The related text was not in the exam last year. I suppose it has something to do with the new syllabus?

I am wary though as I do not want to be in the unfortunate situation where it asks for a related text and I don't remember any.

erucibon

HSC
N/A
The related text was not in the exam last year. I suppose it has something to do with the new syllabus?

I am wary though as I do not want to be in the unfortunate situation where it asks for a related text and I don't remember any.
It was in the exam last year, the format of the exam is always the same including the new syllabus. It is just different texts and types of questions that have changed.

Xanthi

HSC
Last year the question was:

George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

To what extent does the exploration of human experience in Nineteen Eighty-Four invite you to reconsider your understanding of loneliness?

quickoats

HSC
The related text is just an in class thing for the new syllabus. Keep something in the back of your mind just in case (and make bits up if necessary) but don't be too worried about it.

erucibon

HSC
N/A
Last year the question was:

George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

To what extent does the exploration of human experience in Nineteen Eighty-Four invite you to reconsider your understanding of loneliness?
Do you mean the in class assessment that involved another text that you chose? If so, they can't ask you to use it and you don't need it at all. I thought you meant 1984 itself

Xanthi

HSC
Do you mean the in class assessment that involved another text that you chose? If so, they can't ask you to use it and you don't need it at all. I thought you meant 1984 itself
Yep lol I meant the other text

MrSir

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Apparently there is an implicit assumption that NESA will not examine the related text, even though it is in the syllabus statement.

Does anyone have any confirmation of this directly from NESA source, or is this just something that is widely accepted?

MrSir

HSC
N/A
As an English teacher let me clarify the situation. You are required to include a related text in your Human experience assessment task ( 1984) but after that It is not required in your HSC trials or paper 1 . .

Xanthi

HSC
As an English teacher let me clarify the situation. You are required to include a related text in your Human experience assessment task ( 1984) but after that It is not required in your HSC trials or paper 1 . .
Thank you! Just to clarify, does not required mean it doesn't have to be tested but it could be, or the it definitely won't be tested?

beetree1

HSC
It's only tested once for an internal assessment task and then you never have to look at it again. A waste of time or A WASTE OF TIME

MrSir

HSC
N/A
Thank you! Just to clarify, does not required mean it doesn't have to be tested but it could be, or the it definitely won't be tested?
I’ve pm’d you to clarify .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)