• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

related texts for Skrzynecki poems (1 Viewer)

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
Here are some texts which I recommend for Skrzynecki poems

Films:

Master and Commander-Crossing the red sea
connection:similar journey- sea voyage

LOTR: Fellowship- Leaving Home
connection:forced journey(think about it, did Frodo want to leave the Shire to drop the ring in a volcano?)

Novels

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck- Migrant Hostel
connection:similar migratory journey

Deltora Quest: The forests of silence- Leaving Home?
Connection: can someone tell me the links?

Articles:

"A rendezvous with Mars"-Robin Mckie Good weekend- July 19 2003
"Survival of the fittest"- Rebecca Winters- Time May 12, 2003

connections: can someone kindly tell me the links between the articles to the poems please?

By the way can somone tell me good related texts for the Skrzynecki poems:
"Immigrants at Central Station" and "Postcard", they can't be films or visuals because I already have one so any short stories, articles,novels anything. Also they can't be poems as I'm doing a poem and songs because they're poems.

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
oh wait, I contradict try the New Found Glory album cover 'Catalyst' I don't know if it relates or not but someone has used it before in an assignment found in the resources section, the author of the assignment was named 'Cindie' or something

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
Thanks, hey if you or anyone knows 'Looking For Alibrandi'(novel) , could someone please tell me if it is a good related text for Skrzynecki's "Postcard" if so give a link between the two.

x.kuuro.hana.x

HSC
FLYHAWK14 said:
Here are some texts which I recommend for Skrzynecki...

...Novels...

Deltora Quest: The forests of silence- Leaving Home?
Connection: can someone tell me the links?
ok, before i start, i may potentially ruin the deltora quest story for those that havent read it. you have been warned.
well anyway, in the poem, mum dad and kid must leave their home and everything they knew because of clash with althorities (it is clearly althorities telling them they must leave- 'our dull witted...obedience to the letter of the law') and its all sudden ('said goodbye so quickly i forgot for a moment where i was going' and 'was the last thing we expected') and final ('the verdict...you must go') and disorientating (the metion to 'three headless crows') etc.

In Deltora, Jasmine and Leif's parents (2 sets of mum dad kid) had a clash with those that really had the althority, and had to leave the castle, their home, which was final (if they went back, they'ld be killed) and disorientating (the world outside wasnt what it looked like from the window and what they were told it was) and was sudden as they were running for their lives.

i really hope this makes sense.

ylac

HSC
N/A
Looking for Alibrandi is pretty good for Post Card. They both deal with how people struggle against their heritage and culture, and try to cut themselves off, but they end up accepting it as part of themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)