Related Texts - What Do They Have To Say? (1 Viewer)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
OK, I've got my half yearly for English tomorrow and am doing some practice essays...the only problem is that I'm not exactly sure what our related texts have to say. When we mention our texts, what do we have to talk about? Do we focus more on the techniques of HOW people represent the truth, or WHAT they are actually doing, etc, etc. Do they have to relate to specific episodes of Frontline?

Please help me out here.

bEAbEA

HSC
You have to incorporate your other related texts in your points you make about Frontline. Ie. if you are talking about ratings in the Frontline episodes (ie what the frontline team do to get ratings) , you could incorporate The Truman Show into the same paragraph by explaining that the producers of the fictional truman show don't care about damaging Truman's life, because in the end, it is them who have received the ratings. Then, you talk about the techniques that show this, ie. exaggeration.
Remember, you only have 40mins to do an essay, so its impossible that you will be able to talk about everything you want to.
It is definately beneficial if your related texts link with Fronline, that way, your paragraphs flow on easily to create a more unified repsonse.
Your related texts are more important than you think they are, my teacher told us if we don't talk about them well, we can't get above the c range.

Its really confusing, and I don't think I explained that well, but hopefully it helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)